Lt. Commander
Come on cryptic studios,
how about making the option for at least the ground assault missions being able to view your character in the first person view?
Me personally I am sick of looking at the back of my head all the time.
You say in your promo "be the captain" when you are nothing but the director.
If you made this option you will have a better game in the long run and a greater fan base. (A greater fan base = $$$ you do the math)
It cant be that difficult to add this opition in can it?
I think this option at least has some merit and cant hurt the gameplay if it was added in.
The main thing is to have it as an option in the setup. That way if a person doesnt like it they just switch it off.

Anyone else agree on this for an option?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus_148th_VFW

Anyone else agree on this for an option?
No. The rest of the game is in third person. Even in games where I'm given the option, I always pick third person. So you ask if anyone would support your idea, for me that would be no.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2010, 07:31 AM
I play STO exclusively in FPS mode. Check the thread in my sig and have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
No. The rest of the game is in third person. Even in games where I'm given the option, I always pick third person. So you ask if anyone would support your idea, for me that would be no.

I do and have played other MMOs in first person, I sure would like to have true first person in both ground and space in STO. And would really love the bridge screen....
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't mind having that first person shooter view for ground combat.
They have a lot on their plate at the moment, but this certainly would make for a nice wishlist item for an update down the road for when they get everything under control and their scheduals are a little less hectic.