Lt. Commander
# 1 hi,is this pvp then?
05-30-2010, 12:54 PM
I managed to get a quick look at pvp with some videos i got sent and it tbh from the videos looks like this game dead based on pvp which is wied.

I got a question:

In pvp matchs( there are no open pvp zones you can walk into and out they all seem to be matchs you have to wait for)

is it possible in pvp match to leave?
Are there any timers on pvp matchs?

I ask these simple questions as from videos it looks like pvp is terrible, as many games i see way unbalanced teams most of them mostly all one sided from start or unbalanced numbers like 6vs1 ect.

so ca you leave a pvp match once you joined.. i ask this as i see videos where people just seem to be put into crappy pvp unbalanced games then have to just die 15 times or so before the game ends.

I really hoped this would of moved on sinse the first lanuch but seems pvp just terrible atm if you cant even leave a pvp game without logging off or exiting.

please tell me im wrong and that pvp isnt this bad...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreaper View Post
I managed to get a quick look at pvp with some videos i got sent and it tbh from the videos looks like this game dead based on pvp which is wied.

I got a question:

In pvp matchs( there are no open pvp zones you can walk into and out they all seem to be matchs you have to wait for)

is it possible in pvp match to leave?
Are there any timers on pvp matchs?

I ask these simple questions as from videos it looks like pvp is terrible, as many games i see way unbalanced teams most of them mostly all one sided from start or unbalanced numbers like 6vs1 ect.

so ca you leave a pvp match once you joined.. i ask this as i see videos where people just seem to be put into crappy pvp unbalanced games then have to just die 15 times or so before the game ends.

I really hoped this would of moved on sinse the first lanuch but seems pvp just terrible atm if you cant even leave a pvp game without logging off or exiting.

Yes, every aspect of PvP boils down to whether or not you can leave a match. It's a mini game, actually. The second you get into a match you frantically try to find a way to leave. Wheels within wheels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I have some pvp videos in my youtube channel they are not by any means the best games i've had.
I love it when games become even and the winning team is just up by afew points.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:

PvP is generally balanced unless your flying against a skilled fleet in a pug. 90% of those videos are that situation. Look for the videos that have a fleet vs a fleet in the description.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2010, 03:52 AM
thanks for info.

but you saying i right in saying that once you join pvp you stuck and cannot leave?
also am i right in saying there is no timer for when the pvp match ends??

i really hope i wrong or just looked at wrong videos cos i never heard of a pvp in MMO where you cannot leave on your own free will or a pvp scenario with no timer is just madness as i remember in WOW the scenarios used to take upto 1 hour at times due to this very reson thus it was scraped within the first days of launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
but you saying i right in saying that once you join pvp you stuck and cannot leave?
also am i right in saying there is no timer for when the pvp match ends??.
Yes you can never leave. And the matches can take days, no weeks, without end. Even if you log out or shutdown your pc, upon re-entering the game you'll still be stuck in the match until it is finished. Muhahaha.

*wakes up*
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
thanks for info.

also am i right in saying there is no timer for when the pvp match ends??

i really hope i wrong or just looked at wrong videos cos i never heard of a pvp in MMO where you cannot leave on your own free will or a pvp scenario with no timer is just madness as i remember in WOW the scenarios used to take upto 1 hour at times due to this very reson thus it was scraped within the first days of launch.
I don't know when you started palying WOW but timers were not on any of the BG's for a long time...over a year after release, i remember games in AV that would take 4 or 5 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2010, 06:49 AM
A time limit on STO 'battlegrounds' isn't usually a problem. The rounds end on their own fine most of the time. The only exception might be an outnumbered Klingon team that just sits in Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacd View Post
I don't know when you started palying WOW but timers were not on any of the BG's for a long time...over a year after release, i remember games in AV that would take 4 or 5 hours.
My server had AV games that would literally run all day. queue for 7 hours to get in then have fun for several more
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2010, 08:23 PM
In case anyone didn't know, you can leave PvP by travelling to the edge of the map.