Lt. Commander
# 1 Remove sector space its horrible
05-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Remove sector space its outright lame and takes away from the Star Trek experience.

Implement hyper impulse system where u can travel inside a solar system to moons and planets for mining purposes. Add a race that collects resources like Ferengi, and other merchant races who trade and influence the market in the galaxy.

Put transwarp ducts everywhere, remove and please remove sector space, its pointless and lame. Make it like eve online! Eve has the right idea, even with their new patch that allows planets to be colonized.

Allow groups of 20 not just 5... what is this bs?

When you warp to solar systems you do so by straight lining not zig zaging in a pointless 2d environment.. oh wait its 3d. ugh...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynaverse View Post
Add a race that collects resources like Ferengi, and other merchant races who trade and influence the market in the galaxy.
It would be nice to create a Cyrano Jones type charcter. One that mines, manufactures and trades. A non-combatant that can cross borders.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I totally disagree with the removal of sector space. I like it.

But this I agree with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie1961
It would be nice to create a Cyrano Jones type charcter. One that mines, manufactures and trades. A non-combatant that can cross borders.
yes please can we haz?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Remove sector space its outright lame and takes away from the Star Trek experience.

Implement hyper impulse system where u can travel inside a solar system to moons and planets for mining purposes. Add a race that collects resources like Ferengi, and other merchant races who trade and influence the market in the galaxy.

Put transwarp ducts everywhere, remove and please remove sector space, its pointless and lame. Make it like eve online! Eve has the right idea, even with their new patch that allows planets to be colonized.

When you warp to solar systems you do so by straight lining not zig zaging in a pointless 2d environment.. oh wait its 3d. ugh...
This post has been edited to remove content that violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvashio View Post
This post has been edited to remove content that violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines. ~Q
There's the pot calling the kettle black.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I really think we need a revamp of social tools in the game to justify a sector space ALTERNATIVE and then provide incentives for both forms of travel. Then, once that's done, we need to be able to travel from our ship interiors and have other activities we do aboard our ships while en route.

For example:

Sector Space
- Clarified to be more of an astrometrics display. Include anomalies and exploration content in sector space.

Shipboard Travel
- Shipboard activity, either shipboard missions (random) or mini-games which unlock crafting supplies/currency.

The alternative to this I could see would be making SS look visually more like warp travel, expanding sector sizes and changing enemy signal contacts into battles that occur IN sector space.

Basically, restore the "full impulse control" and make that warp travel in sector space. Out of warp, we fight enemy signal contacts directly IN sector space, enhancing the social factor and feeling of persistence.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I like sector space, could be improved though.
And would be nice to have some civilian type classes
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:

Eve is this way ->
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
A developer has already stated that making sector space look better is in the works but they have other, more important things to finish first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I too hate the look of sector space. That said, I have found it looks a little better(to me) if I am zoomed all the way out from my ship while traveling.
Closed Thread