Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I would like to know when will we get the TOS weapons and the ones used in the new movie? Also why can't the weapons be seen like in the ahow on our belts? I think you should be able to sit in your captains chair on the bridge also. Other than that I love the game and I am a new player.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 05:53 AM
You get access to more weapons types as you advance in rank. Plasma, Ploron, Anti-Proton, Chronoton, etc.

If you look around at the other Fed players some of them should be showing gear. Some but not all of your gear will show, if your character is Federation, if you are wearing it, and you have set "show kit" (or something like that), and you are not wearing Off-duty clothes. Go see the tailor.

If you want to walk around the space station with your weapon drawn hit the "H" key (H = holster).
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Cool thanks for the info much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
What about that cool phaser from the newest Movie? the one that had a flip device for stun/Kill
That thing was slick
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Pretty sure the new movie took place well in advance of the current time period of the game. So those phasers would have been phased out by now.

...no pun intended...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Yep. Would be kinda nice if they had them in for their appropriate uniforms. Wouldn't mind seeing a flip communicator action for TOS uniforms, either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I could see the whole "we're at war with the Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Undine, Gorn, raiders, etc, so we're pressing all available ships, technology into service". This would allow for the inclusion of TOS style equipment/ships perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrasil
I could see the whole "we're at war with the Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Undine, Gorn, raiders, etc, so we're pressing all available ships, technology into service". This would allow for the inclusion of TOS style equipment/ships perhaps.
I can't.

When a war breaks out you want your soldiers to have the best equipment, but realistically when your industry is limited you issue out everything you've got laying around in your armory.

However, the Federation has Trillions of sentient beings and a huge industry. Also, they have replicators. You want 100,000 of the latest up-to-date Phaser Rifles? Ok, we'll have them replicated and ready for distribution by tomorrow.

Ships are a different matter. They are too large to be replicated, except in pieces, which must then be assembled. So I could see old ships being brought out of mothballs and outfitted with up-to-date engines, sensors, shields and weapons, and then being pressed into service.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I can't.

When a war breaks out you want your soldiers to have the best equipment, but realistically when your industry is limited you issue out everything you've got laying around in your armory.
I can. While you would want to get the best gear out, sometimes you have to roll out what you have when it gets to the reserves. It's part of the reason that we, the players, were given a command as Ensigns/Lieutenants.

Also, replicators don't just create stuff out of thin air. They need matter to make items.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrasil
Pretty sure the new movie took place well in advance of the current time period of the game. So those phasers would have been phased out by now.

...no pun intended...
First, huh? The last movie (JJ Abrams) was set quite a long time ago in the past, according to lore, but you're right, they'd have gotten rid of those weapons by now.

And no, I can't imagine keeping those older weapons around. By comparison, the standing militiaries across the world store weapons in armories jsut in the event of wartime. However, I'm reasonably certain the British Army doesn't have a stockpile of Lee-Enfield rifles someplace to be handed out, nor the US Army a stash of M-14s. They're old technology, that would be woefully inadequate. Phasers would be the same, I'd expect, particularly if you accept the STO conceit that personal armor and shields have a place in the ST universe. Older phasers would have much less effectiveness against "modern" personal defenses....