Lt. Commander
# 11
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
maybe they can update they May calandar to show that on may 31st there will be a delay before changing it to the June calandar
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladePsyker View Post
maybe they can update they May calandar to show that on may 31st there will be a delay before changing it to the June calandar
Well, the frontpage lists different content than the actual calendar. That's confusing for some casual players.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
There is another thread, but it deserves mentioning again. I don't care so much about the updates and when things are going to be available, but it looks unprofessional to have an old calendar linked to your front page, like STO is becoming abandonware.
My god, will the rampant hyperbole never end? They've updated Tribble twice in the last week; and you continue to see Dev posts daily, as well as interviews (one posted today) on what's upcoming - o sorry, just because they're a day late updating a webpage, you cry Abandonware?

Sheesh.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't call it abandonware, I said failling to update the calendars makes it look like abandonware. If you would have looked down another two posts before hitting the quote button, you would have seen my followup post

Quote:
I'm not claiming the game is dying because of an out-of-date calendar, I'm just stating that it gives the appearance that updates aren't being delivered. If I were a prospective buyer looking at STO's website, the presence of a May calendar and no June calendar would weigh heavily on my decision to buy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-02-2010, 06:50 AM
I agree. This is just a matter of professionalism. If its June, take down the May Calendar and put up a June Calendar.

If it were me I would have made sure the June Calendar was ready on May 30th or so that way when June comes its just a matter of posting it.

Its called being prepared.

For example, when I worked at Radioshack we always put up our sale tags the day before the sale started, that way when the sale started we were already done.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Cryptic is understaffed and just trying to get caught up all the time.

To paraphrase what my old boss used to always say,

"Is Cryptic running the game or is the game running them?"

If you understand my point I think you'll agree the game is running them.

----------
edited to remove a typo
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Perhaps they have updated the url and forgotten to change all of the links?

http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar2

Delete the 2:

http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Perhaps they have updated the url and forgotten to change all of the links?

http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar2

Delete the 2:

http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar
Well, the problem is that that link allows you scroll ahead indefinitely:
http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar/2011/02
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Honestly I think they just don't have a lot to add between 1.2 (this week) and 2.0 (July). It's understandable - they're covering a lot of content for 2.0 and nearly all the devs and artists are probably focused on it. So now they're faced with the choice of leaving the calendar alone, taking it down completely or to slapdash 2.0 somewhere in July with 1.2 for this week and nothing in between. None of these options are going to garner great praise from their customers, but leaving last month's calendar up isn't the answer in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
its the second day of the whatever holiday u americans just had hang over, lets cut them some slack
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Honestly I think they just don't have a lot to add between 1.2 (this week) and 2.0 (July). It's understandable - they're covering a lot of content for 2.0 and nearly all the devs and artists are probably focused on it. So now they're faced with the choice of leaving the calendar alone, taking it down completely or to slapdash 2.0 somewhere in July with 1.2 for this week and nothing in between. None of these options are going to garner great praise from their customers, but leaving last month's calendar up isn't the answer in my opinion.
Yon missed 1.3 due end of june (maybe early july now)