Lt. Commander
# 1 MiniMap Scanner
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
What is the purpose of the MiniMap Scanner? After pressing the scanner button on the map (after hitting M, not the scanner on the UI) we're told the number of area anomilies as opposed to the UI scanner where you get the direction as well.

Am I missing something really obvious? I usually am; help?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournerX
What is the purpose of the MiniMap Scanner? After pressing the scanner button on the map (after hitting M, not the scanner on the UI) we're told the number of area anomilies as opposed to the UI scanner where you get the direction as well.

Am I missing something really obvious? I usually am; help?
It's an old holdover from beta when the scan function only told you the number of anomalies in system. Now it points you in the direction of the nearest anomaly/mission objective.

I wish they'd make it scan EVERYTHING in the system, including ships for the map scan feature, but I can't expect working sensors in a Star Trek game. That's just silly.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Scanners
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Agreed, the scanners should report on much more than just anomalies. It would be nice if you could change the scanner to scan for enemies, anomalies, friendlies, (perhaps someday) resources, etc., and each one would update the Area Map with locations for the chosen objects. AND, this would be quite canonical, as well.

Devs... you out there?