Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Title about says it all. Basically its a copy of WoW battleground/arena matches. The que pops, and a timer starts at the beginning of the match, and opponents can't move from the starting location until a set time has passed.

This give players time to group up, strategize based on their composition, and for more players to zone in.

It helps alleviate some of the imbalanced team numbers at the start of the match and both sides have a better chance of being on an even footing due to players not clicking their que when it pops and gives the que system time to even the numbers to compensate.

And that pretty much it. What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I hated waiting

I'll be honest, the queue doesn't seem to fix itself with in first few minutes either. I have played 3/4's a game as 2v5 before all of a sudden 3 more show up to end the game with no credit and a bunch of 0's. I really wish I knew why it was broke, I suspect its from people not responding to the invite and then it takes a while to requeue the empty slots.

Pretty common strat though vv
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
I hated waiting

I'll be honest, the queue doesn't seem to fix itself with in first few minutes either. I have played 3/4's a game as 2v5 before all of a sudden 3 more show up to end the game with no credit and a bunch of 0's. I really wish I knew why it was broke, I suspect its from people not responding to the invite and then it takes a while to requeue the empty slots.

Pretty common strat though vv
brilliant picture
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2010, 04:14 AM
I do suppose the time limit is something worth considering but it really only treats the symptom of a bigger problem which we all know is the queues. It would certainly make for a less harmful band-aid than some of the other "quick fixes" we've seen as of late.

And that picture... it's uncanny, lol.