Lt. Commander
# 1 Any Good ST Fanfics Out There?
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Ok, Sturgeon's law says 90% of everything is crap, but I'm interested in hearing/reading some good Star Trek fanfiction.

It can be crossover, hurt/comfort, or what-have-you, I'm not really partial; but please NO SLASH. I've already poisoned my brain with lemons and PWPs of all kinds, I don't need any more in there. I've used enough brain bleach as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn
Ok, Sturgeon's law says 90% of everything is crap, but I'm interested in hearing/reading some good Star Trek fanfiction.

It can be crossover, hurt/comfort, or what-have-you, I'm not really partial; but please NO SLASH. I've already poisoned my brain with lemons and PWPs of all kinds, I don't need any more in there. I've used enough brain bleach as it is.
Hate to say it, but their really isnt much; if you're looking for a serious, episode-style fiction about star-trek, its pretty hard to find anything decent under the piles of data/picard slash fics. My suggestion? Look around the forums for an RP to participate in; you'd be surprised how many good ones there are!

Oh, and where did you get this "Brain Bleach"? I'd love to have some for all of the things you're prone to finding on the nets
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
You can try mine, Star Trek: Hawkwood.

Takes place on the USS Kagutsuchi, currently 3 'episodes' long. Fourth coming sometime this weekend, maybe early next week.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Mine's here, although I'm really just doing it out of a sense of "I miss writing, let's see what I can do." Currently finished chapter 5 out of I don't know how many, and if people like it, I may do a sequel or two. I'm planning one story per rank. Chapter six may be up in about 24 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry to say that mine are in German. I would translate, but not without someone who can help and lecture, at least semi-professional. I published a book some years ago, still consider myself an amateur/hobby writer, but I have certain requirements for beta reading. If you're interested, I currently write...

Silent War - DS9, very close to canon, nearly no own characters (except for a Romulan commander, lacking of a real personality in the show to represent their military forces). Would probably fall under 'AT'. Sets in around season 5, with some changes to history and the consequences (main changes are - Dukat gains back power, Damar defects earlier, Weyoun's defect clone remains in Fed custody, way more Romulan involvement in the military strategy). Its more or less a war journal and has really no romance, relationships or anything beyond the canon friendships at all. Currently 25 chapters, a rough English version exists, but my co-writer/lector has little time lately, so it's on ice until she's back in action.

285 Reasons to hate you - somewhat DS9, but mainly focussed on the rare species and their political, ethical and social systems. Its also close to canon, but with much less to work - the species I mainly focus on are Breen and Nausicaans, and getting to the Orion Syndicate. Its almost only own characters plus the DS9 Ferengi and briefly Sisko. Premise is a Breen mining operation that finds spoils of war from Klingon raids during the reign of Kahless; trying to sell all the artifacts without anyone getting suspicious and then fund a battlefleet. Currently 24 chapters, German only.

I mainly began to write because... yeah, most FF is really bad, a lot crap, slash, romance, and barely anything with a real plot. My first and only attempt to write a romance ended after 165 pages, on which the two persons supposed to start a romance didn't even get to the same solar system. I suck at romantic stuff, and always get distracted by plots. Guess that's why I have like 4 regular readers, and everything with 'Garak/Bashir' in the summary has 400.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-02-2010, 02:43 PM
You are standing in 10Forward ST fan fiction epicness essence Skuh! we are living breathing nomming ST lore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
You are standing in 10Forward ST fan fiction epicness essence Skuh! we are living breathing nomming ST lore.
We are the ones that have crafted the epic lore around 'Where is Sulu', petitioned the devs to allow ponies on bridges, tried to add hats to the Starfleet Uniform code, have attempted to block Bajor's entry into the Federation, drew parallels between Star Trek and Warhammer 40k, and also the other lore that we have spread.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
We are the ones that have crafted the epic lore around 'Where is Sulu', petitioned the devs to allow ponies on bridges, tried to add hats to the Starfleet Uniform code, have attempted to block Bajor's entry into the Federation, drew parallels between Star Trek and Warhammer 40k, and also the other lore that we have spread.
not to mention purifying the community of the unfaithful *sis fist*
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Hahahah, you women are crazy.