Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
So I think then everyone can agree that we need a better guide to healing for advanced play.

The evidence by some random pugging Ive been doing lately shows players still dont know what theyre doing, so clearly this guide isnt helping that audience. Most of the things in this guide were found in the first month of PVP by anyone who did play testing.

I think Era should do it as he is without a doubt the best healer in the game. So this can be Faithborn's Newb's Guide to healing, and then have another sticky called Era's Advanced Player's Guide to Healing to cater to both the beginner and the advanced player.

If anyone knows how to heal, it's Era. TSI should just have a medical bay logo as their fleet logo
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
90% of the players in the game don't use the forums, and even less use the pvp forums.

The foundations of healing are pretty simple. The things that make or break a healer are the ability to multitask, watch the environment, and read spikes. You can write hundreds of pages on it and people will still fail at it. Those abilities need to be practiced first hand - ad nauseam. You can write about them, you can lecture people for hours, and in the end it comes down to player potential and skill.
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-21-2010, 07:33 AM
I am relatively sure that any PvP Guide will not reach its entire intented audience, because a large subset of people do not read the forums or at least do not read such guides.

I wouldn't mind the list updated or some additional insights from Era, but don't fool yourself - most of the people in PvP will not read it.

I kinda can't blame them. Most of us (well, at least me) waste too much time on the forums already!
Lt. Commander
# 94
12-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am relatively sure that any PvP Guide will not reach its entire intented audience, because a large subset of people do not read the forums or at least do not read such guides.

I wouldn't mind the list updated or some additional insights from Era, but don't fool yourself - most of the people in PvP will not read it.

I kinda can't blame them. Most of us (well, at least me) waste too much time on the forums already!
Dont expect updates from Faithborn since he quit. This guide could become outdated if any major changes to the game are made.

FB says he will not be back ever, we will see.
Lt. Commander
# 95
12-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, recommending the pvp forum to your team mates or zone in pvp might be a start. why pvp if you aren't motivated to learn from others more experienced???

Faithborn has gone, and I can understand why. I only PUG, and 9 out of 10 times if I don't invite a team, no one else does. Rarely does any one heal each other, and in Capture and Hold a surprising number of players just fight rather than pursuing the objective.

I am discouraged, not just with STO players, but with the lack of what seems like simple change and improvement to the PVP environment to which so many of you have made thoughtful suggestions.

I was looking forward to Season 3, but have been disappointed besides sector space improvements. Others who have commented on decreased PVP play seem correct to my observation. FvF is more active, but uneven and frustrating. It is hard to encourage and educate others when they won't even team when invited. FvK, I have come to avoid, because PUG in FvK seems mostly impossible.

The one bright spot I have discovered is going to Kerrat, and sitting at the enty/respawn point. I offer no resistance, allow the klinks to destroy me over and over, and off and on comment on how boring this situation is and how they are cowards to spawn camp. At first they are furious, but fairly soon they seem ashamed and leave. If 10% of STO players would do this for an hour every other day, Kerrat would be sane again. They give up fairly quickly and leave, and this was an ongoing effort I think most of them would find something more productive to do. Passive aggression has its uses.

I haven't given up altogether, but because of Faithborn's comments on leaving, I am spending some time trying out League of Legends.

Sorry this post has rambled and addressed other threads not directly related to the OP.