Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
The new level 48 skills are amazingly epic;

Engineering fleet 1 - self targetted
  • 30 second duration, 4 minute cooldown
  • +24 all damage resistance
  • +12 starship warp core training
  • +12 starship engineering training

boosted by:
a tier 1 skill (sorry I forgot)
Starship auxiliary maintenance
Starship auxiliary performance

~~~
all right that sounds pretty bad right? highlight the next line if you want to know why its so epic
VVV
the <insert profession> fleet skills are teamwide buffs
^^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
the <insert profession> fleet skills are teamwide buffs
I still wanna know how they define "team"... is it friendlies within radius like Dampening Field?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
I still wanna know how they define "team"... is it friendlies within radius like Dampening Field?
everyone in your team gets the buff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
07-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Engineering fleet 1 - self targetted
  • 30 second duration, 4 minute cooldown
  • +24 all damage resistance
  • +12 starship warp core training
  • +12 starship engineering training
I got the recharge wrong, its Five minutes, Still, not bad.


Engineering Fleet 2
  • 30 second duration, 5 minute cooldown
  • +31 all damage resistance
  • +16 starship warp core training
  • +16 starship engineering training

Miracle worker 3
  • 1 second duration, 4 minute cooldown
  • +18,000 hitpoints
  • +6,000 all shield faces
  • repairs disabled subsystems
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Faithborne question about a possible healer base build with a decent tanking/staying power

1) Joined Trill + Astrophycist + Techi

or

2) Alien = Astro + Techi + Warp Theorist + Efficient Captain


thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Faithborne question about a possible healer base build with a decent tanking/staying power

1) Joined Trill + Astrophycist + Techi

or

2) Alien = Astro + Techi + Warp Theorist + Efficient Captain


thoughts?
sorry it took a while to get back, cleared my cookies and didn't see this;

i'm a fan of the alien personally
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
07-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Since this season is shortly coming to an end, I decided to publicize my old build, though not the proper instructions of usage.

You can find it here.

It's intended to have Aux to SIF 3.

My weapon layout is:

Front: 1 Quantum torpedo, 1 turret, 2 cannons
Rear: 1 Beam array, 3 turrets

1 EPS, 3 SIF as eng consoles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
08-01-2010, 03:19 PM
faithborn, I'd like to add my thanks to everyone else's for taking the time to write this up for all of us. I just have one quick question for you.

What are the effects of using a build like this on other aspects of gameplay, PvE missions (solo-ish), away missions etc.? Are you totally gimped, or just slightly less effective?

[edit] Make that two questions... Is it effective to work towards a multi-skill build? Something that pulls elements from survivability, healing, dps, annoyance etc. and makes them into a whole that is greater than the parts? Or is that totally impossible in STO? I remember having a lot of fun playing the 'lunatic' druid build in WoW. Your PvP opponent never had a clue what you'd pull out of your magic hat. [/edit]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesIvanov
faithborn, I'd like to add my thanks to everyone else's for taking the time to write this up for all of us. I just have one quick question for you.

What are the effects of using a build like this on other aspects of gameplay, PvE missions (solo-ish), away missions etc.? Are you totally gimped, or just slightly less effective?

[edit] Make that two questions... Is it effective to work towards a multi-skill build? Something that pulls elements from survivability, healing, dps, annoyance etc. and makes them into a whole that is greater than the parts? Or is that totally impossible in STO? I remember having a lot of fun playing the 'lunatic' druid build in WoW. Your PvP opponent never had a clue what you'd pull out of your magic hat. [/edit]
Sorry for the late reply, I have a bad habit of putting things off until I can think about them for a while.

In terms of PvE solo gameplay, you can still be very effective (just stick 100 power to the weapons) in space. The key is that you're going to win any battle of attrition against an NPC -even on elite- by outhealing their damage and producing a steady stream with beams and the occasional torp burst. In terms of ground, you shouldn't need to put many (if any) points into ground because a properly set up away team can do 90% of the work for you. As an added benefit, it can make you an attractive option for STF's as well. You can play DPS on the ground and heal in space.

As for a multi-skill build, very much so yes. Going high Aux can enable an ensign or LT level science skill for offense, and your tactical slots should always be dedicated to offense. Carrying a tricobalt or quantum (with high yield) can produce a sudden and surprisingly effective burst when used right.

You should have a plethora of bridge officer slots so you can change your skill set up as long as your not in combat. I personally roll with a tractor beam 1 when I know that I'm not going to be facing much science debuffery. I wouldn't recommend dropping the powerheal known as Aux to SIF 3 though, but I know people that do - normally for eject warp plasma 3.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
08-29-2010, 12:11 PM
This is my revamped healing build for VA1. Lately I've been swapping between a Star Cruiser and Excelsior for pew pew/tank fun, hence why some shifts to weapons skills. Also, the cannon/escort stuff is because I sometimes want to fly an escort (Defiant retrofit) so that's why they're there.

http://tinyurl.com/3xd8bhz
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.