Lt. Commander
# 111
11-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
F5 "GenJailAdd Hud_Weapons_Root $$ GenJailAdd Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root" (This one is a little gem.) Since I run my power tray with all three row showing I loose my bridge officer tray. Since I pulled all my weapons out of the tray I can't see when my torps are ready. This changes that by first adding an HUD element that has my weapons *HUD_Weapons_Root" and puts my bridge officer tray back on screen "Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root".
Tranceaddict, thanks for your primer/info to M4triX, it was helpful. I've been using a few basic binds for a while, and now that I'm comfortable with those, I'm starting to add more, and I've this thread (and posts like yours) to thank for it!

Anyway, can you please explain your F5 binding in further detail? I don't understand what it does.
Lt. Commander
# 112
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
If you don't mind, I'll explain.

When you switch your bar view to 3 rows, the weapons display and the BO layout will disappear. If you now use this binding, you can show 3 bars with 10 buttons + the weapons display and the bo layout. Absolutely lovely!

You'll have to push the button everytime you change zone/die/etc. But that's a minor price to pay imho
Lt. Commander
# 113
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
If you don't mind, I'll explain.

When you switch your bar view to 3 rows, the weapons display and the BO layout will disappear. If you now use this binding, you can show 3 bars with 10 buttons + the weapons display and the bo layout. Absolutely lovely!

You'll have to push the button everytime you change zone/die/etc. But that's a minor price to pay imho
Re-hee-hee-hee-ealllleee??? Wow. That sounds Grand! I'll have to try it out. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 114
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The only caveat about binds like this:

/bind space GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 5

is that, as they get longer, there is a chance for it to simply ignore keys (i.e. NEITHER ET might fire.)

Of course, the answer is simple - more spacebar!
You are correct; the resolution to that is to not spam the space bar. Many, many MANY players in this game spam their fire button (space bar, generally) like RiverDance performing on the keyboard. What they fail to realize that a one second keypress is sufficient to fire off all your beam weapons.

By HAVING to slow my use I have found that I am not panicky and MUCH more calm. I am more concentrated in my battles and can actually take a big-picture of the battlefield.

GENERAL ADVICE: SLOW DOWN. Battle is quick and dynamic, but not so much that you need to elevate your heart rate to the point of fibrillation.

PatricianVetinari, did that answer your question? If you just want to see what these HUD elements look like you can type the following into your chat window separately. When you switch instances they will clear from your screen.

/GenJailAdd Hud_Weapons_Root

/GenJailAdd Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root
Lt. Commander
# 115
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Here is another li'l gem: /GenJailUnlock 1

Have you ever tried to reposition your HUD elements and found that some overlap? Using the main menu's "Rearrange HUD" has it's drawbacks. By using the above command you unlock the positions of all you HUD elements as they appear on you screen.

Now, you can drag each element to the position you want. When complete just type the command again as: /GenJailUnlock 0. Now your elements are locked in position once more.

Here is my HUD. You can see that I've moved the MSD to the lower right corner and stacked the Engine slider and Presets on top. Above that is the team HUD and above that(you can't see it) is the target self HUD. I've pushed my power tray to the lower left and stacked the Weapons HUD element on top with the BridgeCrew Tray along the bottom. I've also move the target lock HUD and target of my target HUD (you can't see that one here) down from the top to the bottom.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...1-17-47-35.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 116
11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Here is another li'l gem: /GenJailUnlock 1

Have you ever tried to reposition your HUD elements and found that some overlap? Using the main menu's "Rearrange HUD" has it's drawbacks. By using the above command you unlock the positions of all you HUD elements as they appear on you screen.

Now, you can drag each element to the position you want. When complete just type the command again as: /GenJailUnlock 0. Now your elements are locked in position once more.

Here is my HUD. You can see that I've moved the MSD to the lower right corner and stacked the Engine slider and Presets on top. Above that is the team HUD and above that(you can't see it) is the target self HUD. I've pushed my power tray to the lower left and stacked the Weapons HUD element on top with the BridgeCrew Tray along the bottom. I've also move the target lock HUD and target of my target HUD (you can't see that one here) down from the top to the bottom.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...1-17-47-35.jpg
HaxZ0Rz

*kneelsdown* "Will you marry me?"
Lt. Commander
# 117
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Sry for double post...

Is there any way to access Boff abilities on the ground? Spamming all turrets of my engi boffs would be awesome with a single button
Lt. Commander
# 118
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Surely there is just need to figure out the commands..
Lt. Commander
# 119
11-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Omg, if you really manage to do that, I'll create a little Zorena shrine and praise you every night before I go to sleep!
Lt. Commander
# 120
11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I haven't done anything with my ground (i'm not spec'd at all for ground) so I never worried about it, but it should be exactly the same way.

When you are on the ground (you must be on the ground)

/bind_save_file keybinds_ground (this will save a file to your STO Live folder for ground binds)

open that file and put this in and fill in the <> for your setup:

<key> "+TrayExecByTray <> <> $$ ... "

(Or screenshot your power tray and I'll give you something more exact.)
Closed Thread