Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2010, 02:42 PM
The system of combat (PVP) need a complete revision. It is poorly conceived, badly thought out.
The system queue is not the right solution. Sometimes, too often, we must wait our turn while he does something else, or one is AFK ...

Conclusion, too often, teams are not equal. It often has a 1 vs 5, or 2 vs 4, etc. ...

FED / KDF same battle.

Sometimes, yes sometimes we have fights interesting. But it's too rare (1 / 10).

Disintegration is a real problem too. Sometimes, when we have a full life bar and a shield up, it can be rapidly disintegrate. Kill one or two players. It reappears, and you die again as quickly disintegrated ...

Where is the playing technique ? team play ?

when there are no enemies in front, we can not leave the party. It remains blocked for 1 hour ... without doing anything ...

The PVP need a complete revision.

Add an open area for 50 or 100 players in the space and ground.
If you chose to PvP, we should not wait randomly between 15 minutes or 1 hour .....

THX
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I think ground combat needs a complete revision. The control interface is terrible. I personally avoid it as much as possible. It's not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm4mMX34Tms

This was Cryptic's attempt to stick me in an uneven 3 vs 5 feds, with two other random Klingons, to laugh at me while I'm being tortured and no one new can join to fill up the KDF side due to the new 4-minute lockout rule. And sadly, uneven teams is more common now than even numbered teams. How much more obvious can the phrase "something is wrong here" get.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
That's the thing, people always hated ground PvP, mainly because of those long-stuns and how easily exposes could be put on people. (Science really has an easy time putting exposes on).

But what was Cryptic's response? "We put Expose Debuffers on our shield charges".

Then STO Arenas, something they obviously took from Halo and such. Which is why people want open PvP, so you can pick the location and use real strategy than wolf packing.

Cryptic really doesn't know jack about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-08-2010, 06:43 AM
putting my voice with the others:

the major thing that needs fixing in both ground and space is the mis-match games. the amount of 2vs5 games I've played recently is a joke (something like 80-90% have at lest one side missing people). its not fun for either side.

-Even if its as simple as invite twice the number of people into the game, and first 5 (or 10) to accept get it, show a little number of 'slots left' so if not enough have accepted it might guilt trip another to join.

-get rid of the 4 min window, if your worried about people coming in last min and getting credit make their rewards be based on the % of time in game.

after that other things can be changed to have more ground combat, like reducing the number of kills needed, removing the cap on pvp map queued up for, or bringing in a random factor to what map you play
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Just an idea, but wouldn't it be helpful if we could bring our bridge officers into ground PvP to make up the numbers when they are mismatched? I hate playing 5v1 no matter whether I'm on the advantaged or disadvantaged side, with this option that would no longer be a problem. Bridge officers could be booted when a new player joins.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
I think ground combat needs a complete revision. The control interface is terrible. I personally avoid it as much as possible. It's not fun.
I concur ground PvP is not fun because ground controls are terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Well Cryptic obviously does need to give the system an overhaul.

I can see why people are tired of ground PvP, because of people running around as midgets. The easy expose / kills, and the stupidy of the map itself.

So is Cryptic going to overhaul Ground PvP? I doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I haven't read all the posts here, but personally, I LOVE ground combat. But only in PvE! It could be even more strategic than space combat, because of the map (in space you can hit the target most of the time, but at ground you can crouch behind objects etc.), the turrets and generators, many different and really cool skills like Thermal Vent, or all those grenades, healing abilities and so on, and better "maneuverbility" (<- totally failed at spelling) e. g. in space you have to turn like 5 seconds to shoot with your main weaponary, but at ground you can shoot, run into coverage, buffing, run out and shoot someone, all that in 3 seconds or something.

But the REALITY is, that ground combat is very bad. The controls are totally srewed up, sometimes I walk forward with "d", sometimes with "s" but only 50% of the time I'm walking forward with "w"! There are to many holds and knockbacks and exposes. I know from other MMOs, that it couls be much better. In fact, ground PvP in STO isn't strategic. It should be like this: You think about your skills, and use the right ones, the enemy reacts on your actions, if you are damaged you fall back or got healed from a teammate, if you're an engineer you maybe get coverage and fabricate a generator or something behind the corner, if you're a Tactical you activate your buffs, the enemy does all the same... Ground PvP is too fast! Plus, the radar shows every enemy, and since you respawn randomly (which is very stupid) you will get killed in a few seconds from a large group. The "Expose and Exploit" system is a very good idea, but in STO it doesn't work at all.

Space PvP is much better, why did they screw up Ground PvP so much? Make it more like Space combat, Cryptic!!!

And sorry for my bad English, I'm very tired and don't speak Native English, so please forgive me.

Friendly Greetings!
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I like ground combat, but the faulty queue system, combined with 40 point matches, is sucking the life out of it.