Lt. Commander
# 1 Ker'rat
06-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Just thought I'd mention that for whatever reason for the quest from Jvek. You don't actually have to win to get credit. So what actually happens is a bunch of Klingons with no want to even try to play just harass the feds for the whole game and are basically trouble making freeloaders. Just think you should actually have to win so maybe more would participate and actually do something? I am on Klingon side and it kinda sucks with a full team that I am the only one scanning anything game after game. I completed the quest a long time ago. Just trying to have fun playing but it kinda sucks when no one is even trying because they get to complete their quest as a freebie.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Im sorry you know this is the STO forum right?

Because rewarding people for failure is practically the name of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 04:51 AM
If I want to play it properly, I go to the Klingon only one (N'vak or something). If I want to harass Feds, I go to Kerrat.

I suggest that, if you want to play a War Zone to win, go to N'vak. We're always outnumbered in Kerrat anyway, so doing the nodes is practically impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 05:18 AM
I have not gone into that map in some time. Did they ever fix the issue with borg ships being 'inside' the superstructure, invulnerable yet able to fire? Last time I was in the zone, it was like that (broken since release) and you could not scan the nodes cloaked anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 05:26 AM
All still true. Borg are still stuck in nodes, and can fire on you without you being able to fire back.

Though I'm glad they fixed it so you can't scan nodes in cloak anymore. Made it waaaay too easy for the Klinks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2010, 05:27 AM
When there are only Feds flying the missions I usually just swing in to take out a Cube or a sphere or something to help move things along. I know I should be trying to win but you've got trigger happy Kirks flying around shooting anything that moves (I guess we've ganked them enough that they can't quite take the chance that we are helping or hurting, lol).

I think credit is fine for these War Zones and PvP, win or lose, especially considering how lopsided the queues or populations can be at various times. Just reduce skill points or don't grant the special mission awards to the losing side.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Ya, I use to try to play it. Usually there is a lot of feds.. ok, i don't really care about that either. But with all the bugged npc's, I just gave up on caring, let the feds worry about it. I'll smoke some cigs and drink coffee.

Usually first thing I do is a /who
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Ya, I use to try to play it. Usually there is a lot of feds.. ok, i don't really care about that either. But with all the bugged npc's, I just gave up on caring, let the feds worry about it. I'll smoke some cigs and drink coffee.

Usually first thing I do is a /who
That brings up sweet memories. Coffee and cigarettes went together like lovers and satin sheets. It is what I miss most quitting smoking.

The drapes not stinking though, is a nice consolation prize.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Doctor told me I need to quit (not because the usual, if you didn't smoke you wouldn't of broken you leg line). So hopefully soon, I can be in your situation
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Doctor told me I need to quit (not because the usual, if you didn't smoke you wouldn't of broken you leg line). So hopefully soon, I can be in your situation
Best of luck. I did it 25 years. I know how hard it is. When your ready, you'll know. It really is one of those "when the student is ready, the master will appear" moments.