Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
How come I am the only scanning ship game after game on the klingon side?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baos
How come I am the only scanning ship game after game on the klingon side?
Because klingons go to Ker'rat for 2 reasons:

1. Blow up fed ships

2. Because the daily requires it

Ker'rat is only slightly worse in this regard than Salvage Operation. People want to pew pew, not navigate around a map scanning things.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax_Aeterna
Because klingons go to Ker'rat for 2 reasons:

1. Blow up fed ships

2. Because the daily requires it

Ker'rat is only slightly worse in this regard than Salvage Operation. People want to pew pew, not navigate around a map scanning things.
Then wouldn't it be nice if they stayed out of ker'rat?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baos
Then wouldn't it be nice if they stayed out of ker'rat?
Sure. The problem is the nature of the dailies. If there was 1 type of daily that said, "Compete in 3 PvP matches," I'm pretty sure most klinks would stay out of Ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
If they setup open PvP zones, there will be no need to go and terrorize feds.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I know this is a little off the topic. When in the war zone, I don't attack unless attacked.

I think too many people have auto target, auto attack, maintain..

which kinda makes me giggle a little, not because it doesn't matter in this game, i guess.
If you were to do that in at least two other major MMO's your guild would cuss you out

I have in the past, not been bothered, by not even engaging in the fight. I feel there is quite a few people who want to do the 1v1 thing there. But generally, if you don't attack, most people will recognize your not interested doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
I know this is a little off the topic. When in the war zone, I don't attack unless attacked.

I think too many people have auto target, auto attack, maintain..

which kinda makes me giggle a little, not because it doesn't matter in this game, i guess.
If you were to do that in at least two other major MMO's your guild would cuss you out

I have in the past, not been bothered, by not even engaging in the fight. I feel there is quite a few people who want to do the 1v1 thing there. But generally, if you don't attack, most people will recognize your not interested doing it.
Half the fun there is going after the same guy over and over. I make a game of them, I just want to see how long before there trying to chase me. (I'm sure I'm on a couple fed wanted lists

I feel a little bad when one of them leaves or logs... sometimes they call in there friends and then its just too much fun. (We really need an open PvP zone)

I have noticed since the changes in 1.2 more feds seem to be enjoying the forced PvP more.

I probaly shouldn't admit it but seeing how many nasty PM messages you can get in a foreign language is a great mini game. (I think I'm up to 4)
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-10-2010, 02:49 AM
If I'm in Kerrat and you're a Fed, I'm going to shoot you. Repeatedly. Until you die. And then I'm going to camp your spawn.

We're KLINGONS!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatileSeeker
The REASON the fed get harrassed is that the Klingons get spawn camped in Ker'rat by 5-7 fed while 2 other fed go and scan then destroy the nodes.
Pretty much true and in case you have not noticed, these are sometimes farmer teams.
Some fleets, like the 12th, do large organized Kerrat spawn camps.

I have occasionally spent time harassing certain Fed players over and over and over again after finally breaking out of a Kerrat spawn camp if it is clear there are not enough Klingons in the instance to try and win (you need at least two people for several of the nodes as you cannot actually destroy some of the probes/sphere as they are un-target-able... one has to draw their fire whilst the other scans).

After finding myself on the receiving end of a particularly egregious camping I called in a pack of fleet mates to all enter the zone at once to break the camp (which we did) and we then did nothing but harass the former campers for the next half hour.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-10-2010, 07:12 PM
i always thought if they made the objectives different for both sides then it might be more interesting. give the klingos the mission of stopping the feds instead of scanning like the feds etc etc.