Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Just tried to do Khitomer Accords and later Borg Hunt and both times everyone's Polarized Hull was WORTHLESS against Borg Tractor Beams. Even at Full AUX!

Restore it to the way it was, or make it a shield power, like it should be!

And Engineering Teams (along with Miracle Worker) has been reduced to a complete joke!

For instance, a person with 2 into Emitters can have Hazzard Emitters 1 do a better job in healing than an Engineer who fully invested into Hull repair!

Where is the fairness in that where 1/3 of the Hull Repair skill is at Tier 5, being trumped by 2 points into a Tier 2 skill?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 03:41 AM
I agree on the tractor beam/polarize hull part, can't say much about ET/MW compared to HE, though, since I haven't compared them directly.

I'd suggest having PH be a debuff for any currently engaged tractor beam, with a chance for new tractor holds to simply fail, increasing by level of PH, while decreasing by level of TB, with Aux power level on both sides working as a multiplier for the equation.

Example:

PH I at high Aux prevents a TB III at low Aux to achieve a hold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
To me, Polarized Hull should be on Shield power than Auxillary, because it was effectively a type of early shield system. That or return it to the original version of it not scaling with power.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
lets compare what they actually do
ET3 - Burst Heal target ally for 13000 hull, use every 15 seconds.
HE1 - HoT Heal target ally for 18000 hull, prevent ~15% before diminishing, 15 second duration , use every 30 seconds.

ET still rocks unless your using it wrong, or in version 1.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Polarized Hull. gives me a decent resist, effectively almost doubling my hull points. How is that worthless?
And ET 2 heals 1/3 of that hull...
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Polarized Hull. gives me a decent resist, effectively almost doubling my hull points. How is that worthless?
And ET 2 heals 1/3 of that hull...
Never said Polarized Hull's resist is worthless, just it's ability to resist Tractor Beams is now worthless. Besides, you going wait to it's fully charged before using it in combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
HE1 - HoT Heal target ally for 18000 hull, prevent ~15% before diminishing, 15 second duration , use every 30 seconds.

So it's perfectly okay for an Engineer who fully invested in Hull Heal:

9 points into Engineering Team Leader (Tier 1)
9 points into Engine Maintainance (Tier 2)
9 points into Hull Repair (Tier 5)

Be trumped by a Teir 1 heal with only minimal skill into Emitters? Or how full skill into Hazzard Emitters takes less skill points than Hull Repair?

How is that fair?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn

AWESOME...

we are comparing the effectiveness of a level 3 ability to the most basic version of HE in the game...and that is considered a fair comparison?

lets be serious bro. You can't compare an ensign skill, to a LT commander skill and call it a good comparison. Compare ET1 to HE1 then lets talk.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
To me, Polarized Hull should be on Shield power than Auxillary, because it was effectively a type of early shield system. That or return it to the original version of it not scaling with power.
But it was a shield system before people used shields - so they used whatever "left-over" energy they had - Auxillary power, probably.
After all, your shields are still running when you use Polarize Hull.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Why on earth do you think Polarized Hull plating has anything to do with shield systems? It made the hull harder therefore increasing a ships... damage resistance, which is the same thing it does in STO.

Back to the main issue... Are you saying we need to have high Aux to break Borg Tractor beams? Well that kinda sucks, thought Aux would only effect the resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Use an AUX BATTERY right before engaging PH or HE.
Who would thought that players will actually start using these "useless" since the patch devices