Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Aux Batteries would work for that one moment. But if that person or NPC uses it again, you're out of luck since Tractor Beams recharge faster than battery cooldowns.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
Why on earth do you think Polarized Hull plating has anything to do with shield systems? It made the hull harder therefore increasing a ships... damage resistance, which is the same thing it does in STO.

Back to the main issue... Are you saying we need to have high Aux to break Borg Tractor beams? Well that kinda sucks, thought Aux would only effect the resistance.
Cannonwise, Polarized Hull is the forerunner of Shield Systems.

And yes, you need very High Aux to break out of Borg Tractor Beams. I have 2 +30 Halon Consoles and get PH up over 60%, and at best it gives barely one second out of the hold. Very Troublesome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Cannonwise, Polarized Hull is the forerunner of Shield Systems.
While it's true they were the primary defense before Shield Systems, they themselves are in fact not shields. The reason they shouldn't use shield power is because the shields are using that now, so the emitters now draw from a different power pool. In STO all we have left is Aux power pool to lump the sensors / emitters / deflector into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And yes, you need very High Aux to break out of Borg Tractor Beams. I have 2 +30 Halon Consoles and get PH up over 60%, and at best it gives barely one second out of the hold. Very Troublesome.
That's awful. The power says immune, not resistant. I wonder if Attack Pattern Omega has any issues with it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
The Borg adapt...it seems reasonable they can get around some of our counters. Shouldnt fighting the Borg be harder? They have everything that is needed to keep them viavle threats and difficult opponents no matter the player's level.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Using PH to break a tractor hold has always been fail. This information should be removed from the skill description because it never works.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Yea ET did drop quite a bit and should be put back up. ST also got down graded because of no damage resistance during the use of it. That sucks right there.

HE seems to be fairly the same, which is nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Using PH to break a tractor hold has always been fail. This information should be removed from the skill description because it never works.
not true...PH works well against tractor beam...it doesnt necessarily show the tractor beam disengage, but you do gain the ability to turn or extend away if you want to.

but against the Borg, its been a toss up it seems...weither thats changed since 1.2 Im not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Something that I've been using that has proven REALLY invaluable is Emergency Power to aux to be on eof my 2 ensign skills.

Since it boosts the tractor beam neutralization, dmg resists, aux to structural stats, dampener stats, Hazard Emitters....the list goes on..

It really has proven to be a really good ability to have running. Since it lasts 30 seconds it can be used well before you need to pop an aux based skill....or to keep Aux to structural running 2x.

Using EM Aux, I have had polarize hull break trator beams for a good 5-10 seconds, which combines with dmg resists gives me enough time to get into a better firing position.