Lt. Commander
# 1 Quickest way to get the Galaxy-X?
06-04-2010, 02:11 AM
As thread title.

I've read a lot of conjecture and rumour but I understand that plenty of people have already qualified for it; what's the quickest way to go about getting it in game? From what I gather it's something to do with referring five friends to play, do they have to buy the game/be playing a month before you get credit?

If it is the referral system that shows up under my account, do you ever receive new keys? I've already sent a couple out and one is definitely not interested in playing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
As thread title.

I've read a lot of conjecture and rumour but I understand that plenty of people have already qualified for it; what's the quickest way to go about getting it in game? From what I gather it's something to do with referring five friends to play, do they have to buy the game/be playing a month before you get credit?

If it is the referral system that shows up under my account, do you ever receive new keys? I've already sent a couple out and one is definitely not interested in playing.
green = correct

if one does not accept, the key will no longer be offered after 14 days, then you get a new one.

the "quickest" way?
buy the game 5 times yourself and sub for a month, then cancel.

STOP LOOKING AT ME THIS WAY!!!
you asked for the quickest way?

This is supposed to get you a bonus whenever you get anybody to join the game, this can be in a month or in 5 Years...

in this short time i allready got 2 strangers to accept my REF Key only because i answered some questions, have to see if they get to billed stage though, why isn't it enough to get people to BUY the damn game?.... is it MY fault if they get bored after 30 days playtime? ...can i do anything about that?

uuuh ...what i am saying is that you just should get people when you have the chance, that is what this System is intended for.

It would be less of a PR problem if the Galaxy X was not in it. 400 C-Points realy is enough, that is 2 free C-Store Items for every REF, why make it so hard to get the Ship?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
buy the game 5 times yourself and sub for a month, then cancel.

STOP LOOKING AT ME THIS WAY!!!

/still looking at you that way
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Well, as nice as the Galaxy X is I don't think it's going to be worth five subscriptions plus five copies of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 05:06 AM
The quickest way to get the Galaxy-X is to buy 5 games and 5 60-month game cards. You could have it in an hour that way. Just be ready to fork over 300 bucks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
The quickest way to get the Galaxy-X is to buy 5 games and 5 60-month game cards. You could have it in an hour that way. Just be ready to fork over 300 bucks.
Then donate the accounts to a local charity that might make use (boy and girls club, etc?) and claim it on your tax return!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
The Galaxy-X isnt ingame yet and wont be until the end of June at this rate.

Thus, even if you do go nuts and spend $300 buying your way too it you will have wasted the money. In theory, the Galaxy-X should be coming out with the new ship tiers so it may not even be worth it anymore compared to just going with the normal counterparts.

Unless your a Cruiser pilot or desperate for the Galaxy-X you would be better putting the $300 into something else.

Of course, if you have 5 victims... friends you can blackmail... RECRUIT then go for it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
in this short time i allready got 2 strangers to accept my REF Key only because i answered some questions, have to see if they get to billed stage though, why isn't it enough to get people to BUY the damn game?.... is it MY fault if they get bored after 30 days playtime? ...can i do anything about that?
Well, this is the idea behind the referrals isn't it. People take the referrals, and try the game. if they get intrieged by what they see (mostly the graphics) and watching zonechat (they can't chat anyone), they buy the game. If they slam through the game and make RA5 in a week, they might cancel. People who like the game, and take the time to enjoy the detail will play for at least 2 months... these are the people who will earn you the referrals.

I decided to make referrals easy, and found some refer-ees shop for the best deals. These are few and far between, as most are "immediate decision" people.

What is the fastest "practical" means to the Galazy-X. Make an offer to sponsor your new recruit. At the bare minimum set him up with Lt (Mk II) GREEN and LtCmr (Mk IV) BLUE gear for this ships. this will give him a sense of support, and he will probably be happier. He may go for E-credits offers, but Cygnus-X-1 found out that this can get expensive. You need to ensure your recruit ENJOYS the game AFTER he buys it. As an example I encountered one of my recruits today and just "GIFTED" him 50K e-credits to buy some gear. He didn't even ask. Doing this sort of SUPPORT will get you the recruits you need.

Only time will tell how many Galaxy-X's will be out there. Are you willing to work to get one?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I say wait till it goes on super sale on Steam.

CO was 9.99 on steam during their holiday sale.

If STO goes to 9.99, that's $50 for 5 copies. Then you could just pay for 1 month at a time over 5 months so it doesn't hurt so bad. Or do it all at once and be out $125 one month.

Depends on how worth it to you it is. You could also have y our friends buy it then offer to pay for the first month. Again, what's it worth to you?

You just have to be creative I guess.

I think it's a hideous ship from an alternate reality within the storyline, and I could give two shiests about it =)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Q
Closed Thread