Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
In case you all missed it.. He's a real shot of Thor.

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie...-stills#photo0
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Looks like Ultimates. I just doubt they can also make the story Ultimates style. Its not Hollywood and glam enough.
Really? I thought Ultimates Vol 1 was exactly like a movie :p

That said, the Cap movie is supposed to take place during WW2, so they should have gone with the Ult WW2 costume and introduced the modern costume at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
That's true, but the art tells us how it will look, and I just hope they don't give it the rubber look.
I'm hoping that is just a cheap mock-up of what will end up being a more metallic and leather-type suit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Also, everytime I see or hear the name 'Thor' I think of an Asgard (aka a Grey alien.) There's even a nod to SG-1 in STO. One of the NPCs is named "Supreme Commander Thor' and is made to look kinda like an Asgard.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.wilson View Post
Also, everytime I see or hear the name 'Thor' I think of an Asgard (aka a Grey alien.) There's even a nod to SG-1 in STO. One of the NPCs is named "Supreme Commander Thor' and is made to look kinda like an Asgard.
I really wish they had made an SG-1 game an MMO or a FPS would have been nice, but anyway I think Thor looks pretty good and i can't wait until Captian America's movie omes out. I never was really into comics but Captian was my favorite and as a ww2 history buff i'm hoping his movie kicks ass
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm still scarred by the last Captain America movie (an Italian Red Skull?!?). I hope this one is good.

I am among the minority that kinda liked "The Incredible Hulk meets Thor" (even though it was just a time-lost warrior named Thor and not the god per se. When they took Thor to a biker bar to hang out, well...It's still a fond memory from my childhood. :p

I wonder if their going with the "Odin makes Thor think he's a crippled human to teach him humility"-thing or if he's the God of Thunder right off the bat? Will he be like the Ultimate Thor? [minor spoiler] The scene at the end of Iron man 2 implies someone will find or come into possession of Thor's hammer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMiller View Post
I really wish they had made an SG-1 game an MMO or a FPS would have been nice.
There was an MMO in development that was called "Stargate: Worlds" and an FPS was being developed called "Stargate: Resistance." There haven't been any updates on the official website since January, though so I don't know if its been scrapped or not.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Resistance is out. to a dearht of reviews, so i assumed it must be terrible or they would have sent out review copies
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
There was an MMO in development that was called "Stargate: Worlds" and an FPS was being developed called "Stargate: Resistance." There haven't been any updates on the official website since January, though so I don't know if its been scrapped or not.
let me clear that up I wish the were still making them and i wish they were good. But i could settle for star wars battlefront 3. "hint hint Lucas Arts"
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
LOL My character's name is Thor. And a few days ago I was Commander...
Commander Thor :-)
Closed Thread