Lt. Commander
# 1 Squads, Why the deceit Cryptic?
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Cryptic, why did you lie and decieve us?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160049
Quote:
Hey All,

My original FAQ was incorrect in that it stated that Squad Support would allow you to enter Fleet Actions outside your natural level. This is false. Squad Support will not change the level band of Fleet Actions you enter, and it will not allow you to enter Fleet Actions that you do not meet the requirements for. Thanks!

-Destra
This is not acceptable, and i can only conclude that either someone has been grossly negligent or intentionally decieved us.
In fact you are decieving us all even now.

It is clearly stated here.
http://www.startrekonline.com/squad_support
Quote:
Players will be able to use the Squad Support system to enter Fleet Action maps that are either above or below their actual level band.
So Cryptic.... what do you intend to do about this? Are you going to honor your word or not?
Because misleading your customers this way is again just NOT acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Indeed. This has messed up plans of just about every fleet in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Typical of Cryptic to always feed us lies.. Before the real truth comes out. I may very well quit this game now I can't support a company that Lies.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, while I wouldn't call it Deceiptful, I did find it VERY disappointing that Squad support didn't actually end up supporting the fleet actions. Ever since the level bandin was put in place, 'community' has taken a really big hit. I understand why they did it, but taking away the OPTION to play these FLEET actions with your fleet because many of them are ranked differently was a really big downer...

Hopefully they get a solution in place for this soon...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
That isnt the point, the point is that the site is like i quoted actually advertising that squad support DOES work for Fleet Actions.
And a developer then comes and says that this is NOT TRUE.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Cryptic, why did you lie and decieve us?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160049

This is not acceptable, and i can only conclude that either someone has been grossly negligent or intentionally decieved us.
In fact you are decieving us all even now.

So Cryptic.... what do you intend to do about this? Are you going to honor your word or not?
Because misleading your customers this way is again just NOT acceptable.
get a life and get over it
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
That isnt the point, the point is that the site is like i quoted actually advertising that squad support DOES work for Fleet Actions.
And a developer then comes and says that this is NOT TRUE.
...Yeah... Pretty hard to miss that point. :p

I'm just saying that humans make mistakes, and it might not have been intentional like you believe. On the flip side you could be right. But that's not technically a developer, but a GM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
get a life and get over it
this x2, i mean, really...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I would chalk it up less to deceit and more to bad communication and management both internally and externally. The developers that post here probably do not have have access to the Web page which is most likelyrun by Cryptic's marketing department. They simply need to communicate better between the two and get the error corrected on the Web page.

It is pretty standard operating procedures that those that do the development do not control the web page. They do have access to the Forums though and thus they used it to alert us that a mistake had been made. Now they just need to get their marketing folks to change the web page.

On the other subject i hope they do get a fix together that will allow Fleet members of all levels to do fleet actions. Or if it is not possible to modify the current fleet actions then create a new class of them that all levels can join into.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure what more you want. They acknowledged that there was bad information somewhere along the path, and they corrected it and appologized.
Closed Thread