Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2010, 10:11 AM
People generally lie in order to gain something... I don't see where Cryptic would gain anything by lying about this. Perhaps if you want to think they may have gained or kept some subscribers over this one feature, but that's somewhat of a stretch.

More realistically, is that they WANTED to include that feature, PLANNED on including that feature yet due to some issues were unable to include it. It's easy to visualize Cryptic as a single entity where "Cryptic" says one thing then "Cryptic" says another, but the reality is you have many people all saying something and as hard as you may find this to believe, even within a small team communication breakdowns occur.

People lie and deceive, not companies... Show me who gained what by lying and then maybe you'll be on to something, otherwise you just come off a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. Nothing against tinfoil hats though, it's just hard to take a person wearing one seriously

Yes, it would be a great feature and hopefully they either add it back in or remove level banding altogether from fleet actions. If Cryptic simply wanted to jack around with the players, there's far better ways to go about it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2010, 10:11 AM
They do this for the very reason you are upset!

Same with the Calendar being "broken" and displaying May as the month for 1.2

Many other examples, and I am too tired to dig through my files. Oh yeah! Holographic Bridge Officers, those were promised at launch. Don't forget the trailer that shows "Bridge Combat", unless you count calling some Klingon friends over to shoot your BOffs "combat".

This is called "False Advertising" companies do it all the time, after all as other posters are telling you "Get a life, and get over it." Cryptic knows they can "get away" with it, so they do it.

Which of us in the thread needs to "get a life"? The ones paying attention, or the ones browning their noses?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
It has not been corrected, check the squad support page on the "site"
And they have hardly made a formal apology.

Plus the fact suddenly on the patches launch day... oops, we were wrong, but we didnt decide to tell you until AFTER the patch was released.
And that is what i find highly alarming and very disturbing.

They had plenty of time to figure out that they had made a mistake and inform us.

I'm usually the first to defend cryptic for virtually anything in any discussion i get involved in, but this time my faith in Cryptic has been shaken.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Perhaps it would be more constructive to ask when will the Squad system allow Fleet Action grouping?
Is it being worked on?
Also how about Episode Replay?
Same question.

P.S. they should update the site asap and remove the inacurrate info.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Perhaps it would be more constructive to ask when will the Squad system allow Fleet Action grouping?
Is it being worked on?
Also how about Episode Replay?
Same question.

P.S. they should update the site asap and remove the inacurrate info.
I would agree, if they read and responded to those questions.

Peek in the Bug reports forums, check to see how "responsive" our team is at answering questions. Actually, look in any forums...They post when it fills the wallets.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
This isn't anything malicious on our part guys. We're human, and we made an error.

I've sent an e-mail to the guys who can change the web page asking them to do so ASAP.

The reason why you still can't enter a fleet action outside your level band is due to the fact that once in, you could still technically drop group, revert to your natural level, and cause issues.

Since this is obviously a very important feature to you all, I'll talk to the producers and see if anything can be done about it.

Thank you for pointing it out, and again, I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This isn't anything malicious on our part guys. We're human, and we made an error.
Hello (my) mouth, this is (my) foot. You need to become better aqquainted.

(See I know how to admit when I am wrong too.)

Now if we could get you to answer on some really important stuff, like why Borg Captains are still being given out. And the MU uniforms, not to mention why thread mysteriously disappear!

(Hmm, this foot tastes odd for some reason...)
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard214 View Post
Typical of Cryptic to always feed us lies.. Before the real truth comes out. I may very well quit this game now I can't support a company that Lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
Indeed. This has messed up plans of just about every fleet in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
It has not been corrected, check the squad support page on the "site"
And they have hardly made a formal apology.

Plus the fact suddenly on the patches launch day... oops, we were wrong, but we didnt decide to tell you until AFTER the patch was released.
And that is what i find highly alarming and very disturbing.

They had plenty of time to figure out that they had made a mistake and inform us.

I'm usually the first to defend cryptic for virtually anything in any discussion i get involved in, but this time my faith in Cryptic has been shaken.
If any of you had bothered to check Tribble, you could've realized this weeks ago.

Bad communication = misinformation.

That doesn't mean it was a lie. Lies imply the intent to deceive - which simply isn't there. There wasn't malicious intent or some whispery, black mustaches being stroked; there are no boogey-men or scarecrows here.

There's just bad communication internally and players no keeping updated as to Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Since this is obviously a very important feature to you all, I'll talk to the producers and see if anything can be done about it.
Many thanks for that, Storm. This is indeed a very important feature to many. As I posted earlier, when the level banding was put in place on fleet actions, fleet events and comradery were shot in the foot. I know there was quite a bit of noise made about it - and I assumed that this would have been an elegant solution to the problem, but I can understand the issue that might arrise by dropping group like you said.

Allowing fleets to create their own private fleet action instance without level restriction would be the best solution in my opinion. But SOMETHING should be done about it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:

I've sent an e-mail to the guys who can change the web page asking them to do so ASAP.

The reason why you still can't enter a fleet action outside your level band is due to the fact that once in, you could still technically drop group, revert to your natural level, and cause issues.

Thank you for pointing it out, and again, I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Just a thought, but maybe they could just work it so if 'squad' status drops for any reason while in a fleet action, and you revert to your natural level you just get ejected out to the sector map.
Closed Thread