Lt. Commander
# 21
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Since this is obviously a very important feature to you all, I'll talk to the producers and see if anything can be done about it.
I'd much rather have the Admiral level people zipping/cleaning up in a lower level fleet action that have the empty fleet actions that we have now.

Please, I implore, remove the level banding. It only separates us further into smaller and smaller populations.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
I'd much rather have the Admiral level people zipping/cleaning up in a lower level fleet action that have the empty fleet actions that we have now.

Please, I implore, remove the level banding. It only separates us further into smaller and smaller populations.
Agreed. I completely understand why the STO team thought it necessary to put level banding in place, as many bored Rear Admirals would go into low level fleet actions like Starbase 24 and just massacre the place, stealing any hope for 1st place from the players that could actually use the reward given. But even still, it killed alot of the fun to be had in a full fleet action.

I think that they should have held off on instituting this until they worked out an option that would allow players to bypass the banding. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I am quite satisfied with StormShade's respsonse.
But i stand by my original post that i made with the perceptions and information i had at the time, as an individual, jst as my comrades stand by their posts as individuals.

I usually do not personally suspect deceit from Cryptic(which my post history can vouch for), but myself and my fleet had been eagerly expecting to be able to do Fleet Actions across all levels and made detailed plans,
Needless to say to suddenly find what had been said for months and even stated on the site was not true regardless of reason was very upsetting for some of us, and i know that in a moment of weakness i let my temper flare.
And i myself actually do sincerly apologize to any Cryptic employee i might have offended with my outburst.

FYI we are not affiliated with {UFP}, I.E the front page news has nothing to do with us.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
This isn't anything malicious on our part guys. We're human, and we made an error.

I've sent an e-mail to the guys who can change the web page asking them to do so ASAP.

The reason why you still can't enter a fleet action outside your level band is due to the fact that once in, you could still technically drop group, revert to your natural level, and cause issues.

Since this is obviously a very important feature to you all, I'll talk to the producers and see if anything can be done about it.

Thank you for pointing it out, and again, I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Bottom Line: We could care less about the reasoning, make it so that we have a reason to be in a fleet. Fix the coding asap to make this happen or else aside from having a 5 man team, there is no reason for being grouped or making friends in this game.

Simple Statement: Talk to your producer and ask them.... "WTF is the point of being in a fleet? Seriously, what is the point?"
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Now if we could get you to answer on some really important stuff, like why Borg Captains are still being given out. And the MU uniforms, not to mention why thread mysteriously disappear!
I've heard the random Lifetime borg being handed out, but this is the first I've heard of MU uniforms being handed out...

source?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
FYI we are not affiliated with {UFP}, I.E the front page news has nothing to do with us.
Thank goodness. That was the most disturbing thing about this thread...
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Cryptic, why did you lie and decieve us?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160049

i can only conclude that either someone has been grossly negligent or intentionally decieved us.
threads like this....why the melodrama?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
This isn't anything malicious on our part guys. We're human, and we made an error.

I've sent an e-mail to the guys who can change the web page asking them to do so ASAP.

The reason why you still can't enter a fleet action outside your level band is due to the fact that once in, you could still technically drop group, revert to your natural level, and cause issues.

Thank you for pointing it out, and again, I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Thanks,

Stormshade
You could make it to where the fleet action scales to the highest level person in the group. Everyone has to be "pumped up" in level, and if they drop, they risk getting their rears handed to them very quickly. Or, like it was mentioned already, have it auto kick people who are the wrong level as a result of dropping team from the zone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
get a life and get over it
do you ever participate with your fleet in=game?

If so, I would be surprise to find that this wouldn't irk you in the fashion it was presented....even a tad.

Glad to hear it was an error.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Here ya go. This should make you happy. They've updated the Squad Support page.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160049

Things you CANNOT DO using Squad Support:

* Queue up for PVP outside your natural level
* Accept Primary Missions and earn those rewards
* Equip gear you don't naturally meet the requirements for
* Enter Fleet Actions that are outside your natural level
Closed Thread