Lt. Commander
# 41
06-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
The thing I was looking forward to was actually going into Fleetaction with my friends that are NOT Admiral. And that works well!

EDIT: I said the same thing in some other thread... it just digged somewere so once again here
Lucky you. Today, my team of three natural LtC's got separated into two different rank bands and couldn't switch at all.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This isn't anything malicious on our part guys. We're human, and we made an error.

I've sent an e-mail to the guys who can change the web page asking them to do so ASAP.

The reason why you still can't enter a fleet action outside your level band is due to the fact that once in, you could still technically drop group, revert to your natural level, and cause issues.

Since this is obviously a very important feature to you all, I'll talk to the producers and see if anything can be done about it.

Thank you for pointing it out, and again, I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Well, the easy fix would be if you drop group, you get kicked from the fleet action...which would make
sense being you are no longer the right level.

That would put the team one down, but hey..you dropped group.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. Cryptic in a nutshell folks.
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Well does it really matter. Because of the level banding fleet actions are dead anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
I always find it pretty funny how quickly people shout "LIES!"

Games have *always* had developers wanting to include a lot of features but being unable to acually program what they want into the game. Look at Peter Molyneux. He's *always* wanted to include tons of features into his games (find all the things he said the original Fable would have), but just because he's wanted them, doesn't mean they can be programmed in.

Sure, it's fine to be disappointed when a feature doesn't show up, but again, game developers have always listed features they'd *like* but that for some reason can't be included.

Hardly lies. Hardly anything malicious.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
So all you complainers. Have you tested out the Fleetactions with you lower level friends???
I guess not, beause if you would have done that, this thread wouldnt be here...

I tested sucessfully the Squadsystem on Live yesterday. I ve went to Starbase 24 with a Lt. Cdr Ranked officer of my fleet.
I ve kicked down to his rank and we entered the fleet action.

At first I ended up in the RA Instance, then I switched instances and joined him in his Lt. Cdr. Instance...

So whats the deal?

Granted! You cant take your Low Level folks to DS9 Fleet Action, but most Fleetactions support a wide variety of ranks... so whats the deal with this?

The thing I was looking forward to was actually going into Fleetaction with my friends that are NOT Admiral. And that works well!

EDIT: I said the same thing in some other thread... it just digged somewere so once again here
Then I will tell you the same thing as the other thread - It did not work for us. I tried switching instances but it told me there were no maps available. Going by the official Cryptic comments, it should not be possible for technical reasons.

Going by us players, it should be possible for gameplay reasons.

I figure we'll eventually meet at a point where it eventually works, but currently, the only way to get it to work seems to be unreliable and possibly a bug*.

*) If you can replicate it, don't tell Cryptic, but tell us players.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-05-2010, 03:54 AM
As was pointed out the mistake was caused by human error, as you all tend to do. I do not believe that a one of you could stand at my trial and not be judged guilty of making a mistake.

I feel this thread as found its resolution and its usefulness has come to an end.
Closed Thread