Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Would the cube even need to move 1yd to start capping the next objective in CnH?
Would the cube just move to the middle of the planet of cracked and use the whole thing as shield?
When a cube player is destroyed will it have the same warp core dmg (mini frikk'n nova, to hull d00m) as the npc versions?

I was also wondering if there really is a rear weapn on a Sphere, would the animation always bring the front weapons to bear on target?

I wonder when we do get a 3rd faction will we have 5v5v5 pvp maps

Sorry, just working and was a little bored.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 05:51 AM
PvP and PvE I think a Borg faction is the worst idea ever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't disagree, I voted for Roms.. But still mulled over a what if thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I wanna be a Cube! I'm not sure how it would work but I bet it would be kinda fun. At the very least the Borg might start to be less of a joke in this game. If not for the comical numbers of player controlled Cubes flying around, ramming into things, needing to be nerfed, etc. It would probably just be more disappointment when for balance issues a single ship can solo a Cube.

I voted for Romulans too, but the Borg would be interesting at least for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Bad idea for PvP, Cubes/spheres and probes I believe would be hard to balance, maybe in a LOTRO style although I've only heard about that and never seen it in action

From a PvE view it would be terrible canonically as The Borg don't have individuals and an MMO by it's nature is about individuals, so you negate customisation, and character expanding.

Just no, Romulans on the other hand are a great idea, another cloak capable race to keep the klinks on their toes and another faction for the feds to cry op at because feds can't cloak and alleviate some of the stick the klinks get.

Not to mention more ship variety and the Romulan sense of personal ethic/honour would be satisying to both PvE and PvP play.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
LOL, guys. Think outside the box a little. The borg can and probably will be a playable faction someday. But no, we can't have players flying around in cubes or as drones of the collective. That doesn't work. Rogue borg factions, however, already exist in canon and we have even seen a sample of their (asymmetrical) ships, like the Type 03 in the TNG episode "Descent."

As far as we know, Hugh is still around. And he's had a long time to think about things... including the bad pun that is his name given to him by his "friend" Geordi. His rage has simmered for years and now it is time for revenge!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
They could have a splinter borg faction... there was a few episodes with borg splinter factions seperate from the collective. They could even hire Brent Spinner for some voice over work as Lore. lol
This could make for a faction with out the resources to build cubes... could have some unique borg style ships... or even captured borg versions of the other factions ships.

I just hope the game is around long anough for a 4th faction after the roms. The Snakehead Cardys would be fun.... I want one of them Gem Hadar Battleships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Then I would use all my borg gear from Infected and my uber Tribble of Borg and pwn them all in PvP .
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I wanna be a Cube! I'm not sure how it would work but I bet it would be kinda fun. At the very least the Borg might start to be less of a joke in this game. If not for the comical numbers of player controlled Cubes flying around, ramming into things, needing to be nerfed, etc. It would probably just be more disappointment when for balance issues a single ship can solo a Cube.

I voted for Romulans too, but the Borg would be interesting at least for a while.
HAHA yer. Everyone would be flying cubes. They dont even really need to shoot you. Just all self destruct near your fleet and you all insta pop with their crazy damage explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes, not sure if it's a warp core breach, or a mini nova..

i said that in game onetime, and someone actually told me.. "Well a Nova would consume many lightyears of space"..

I didn't type anything back.. I was a bit taken a back, that he thought i was remotely serious.
Guess I could of said "Thank you Dr. Mike Brown, pluto killer"