Lt. Commander
# 1 -ignore thread-
06-04-2010, 12:01 PM
(sorry it was so complicated to understand. I didnt have much time and wanted to get everything out.)

I would like to close this thread because things are (kinda) even now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 01:05 PM
My eyes!

and er.. ok?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM
What?

wait...what...huh?

Ummm...yes...wait...no...maybe?

PLEASE, for the love of the internet, FORMAT YOUR POST. You jump around topics so abruptly that it is hard to discuss your points.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I love ham.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
I love ham.

No, I am forced to disagree... Pie, now that's where it's at.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstranger
THe klingon empire WAY over powers starfleet with the vo'quv carrier and the Negh'var warbird i have a vo'quv and have only died twice in pvp against powerful players. The Negh'Var is over powering beause of all the crew it has (2,500 crew) and the brige officer stations, 1 commander engineering, 1 LtC engineering, 1 Lt engineering and a science and tactical stations. Me and my dad have talked about how cryptic is "evenining" the battle field with the dreadnaught carrier. We also have talked about how long it will probly last we have concluded about 1 year. EVE on the other hand started the same way as Star Trek Online and crashed, but then made a HUGE comeback and now is one of the largest game out right now. STO can be the same way, the only problem is that cryptic is listening to the people who want god weapons (weapons of mass destruction) WoW fell from, this and so did GoW (God of War) it eventualy became so powerful that everyone got bored and left, just like what is happining to STO. but STO still has time to be saved, dont ad all powerful weapons, do something along the lines of EVE. In a hurry, a player can reach RA/BG5 in about 3 days, thats a short game. Lengthen it out and it will be alot more fun. memory alpha is a great idea, but since a player can find or buy better weapons its wprthless. Also STO has no economy. I could go on and on about mistakes that could be changed, but i'll stop here and good luck cryptic
Umm.. did he just say that everyone got bored and left WoW?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
THe klingon empire WAY over powers starfleet with the vo'quv carrier and the Negh'var warbird i have a vo'quv and have only died twice in pvp against powerful players. The Negh'Var is over powering beause of all the crew it has (2,500 crew) and the brige officer stations, 1 commander engineering, 1 LtC engineering, 1 Lt engineering and a science and tactical stations. Me and my dad have talked about how cryptic is "evenining" the battle field with the dreadnaught carrier. We also have talked about how long it will probly last we have concluded about 1 year. EVE on the other hand started the same way as Star Trek Online and crashed, but then made a HUGE comeback and now is one of the largest game out right now. STO can be the same way, the only problem is that cryptic is listening to the people who want god weapons (weapons of mass destruction) WoW fell from, this and so did GoW (God of War) it eventualy became so powerful that everyone got bored and left, just like what is happining to STO. but STO still has time to be saved, dont ad all powerful weapons, do something along the lines of EVE. In a hurry, a player can reach RA/BG5 in about 3 days, thats a short game. Lengthen it out and it will be alot more fun. memory alpha is a great idea, but since a player can find or buy better weapons its wprthless. Also STO has no economy. I could go on and on about mistakes that could be changed, but i'll stop here and good luck cryptic
Another 12 year old l33t WoW player I guess. Had the obvious displeasure of grouping with a 13 year old a few days ago... let's just say that some stereotypes never get old. They should have put a sticker on with the "16+" label really.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 05:44 AM
starstranger put the same thread into the Federation gameplay forum:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161017

I seem to remember that there is a rule against double threads under guidelines:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/ann....php?f=128&a=2

But my guess is real "progamers" don't need to care about such trivialities. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
I love ham.
Yes....ham is very delicious....I think I will have some for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
No, I am forced to disagree... Pie, now that's where it's at.
QFT! I can agree 100% with this.

Quote:
The Klingon empire WAY over powers Starfleet with the Vo'quv carrier and the Negh'var. I have a Vo'quv and have only died twice in PvP against powerful players. The Negh'Var is over powering because of all the crew it has (2,500 crew) and the bridge officer stations, 1 commander engineering, 1 LtC engineering, 1 Lt engineering and a science and tactical stations.

My dad and I have talked about how Cryptic is "evening" the battlefield with the Galaxy-X and how long it will probably last. And after much debate...concluded a rough estimate of 1 year. EVE on the other hand started the same way as Star Trek Online and crashed but then made a HUGE comeback and now is one of the most popular games. STO can be the same way, the only problem is that Cryptic is listening to the people who want god weapons (weapons of mass destruction). WoW fell from this and so did GoW, (God of War) it eventually became so powerful that everyone got bored and left, just like what is happening to STO.

STO still has time to be saved, don't add all powerful weapons, do something along the lines of EVE. In an all out grind, a player can reach RA/BG5 in about 3 days (that's a short game). Lengthen it out and it will be a lot more fun. Memory Alpha is a great idea, but since a player can find or buy better weapons it's worthless. Also STO has no economy. I could go on and on about mistakes that could be changed but I'll stop here.

Good luck cryptic
I'm sure I missed a few things but I had to adjust your post for better understanding. This way I can give you a proper debate.

I agree that Cryptic is "evening" out the battlefield with the Galaxy-X.

What's so overpowered about the weapons?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2010, 10:54 AM
oh wait I have to dry my eyes first. muhaha. What a wasted time to open threads like this. If you don' t know what you do go back to WoW! Ah wait everybody left WoW he said, did he?