Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Get rid of the level bands and allow fleets to go in and nuke it. Ya know, cuz its called a "fleet action"
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2010, 05:40 PM
IMO the biggest problems with that fleet action are

1. There is too much misinformation going around about that fight and people all think they are doing the right thing. Too few people have taken the time to research the fight and they go off either what they read in chat or hear from their buddies.

2. There are always people who know the right and wrong way to fight CE but choose to do all the wrong things because they get off on ruining it for the others. And with no way to boot a player from the instance they can sit and grieve all night with no reprecussions.

The setup for STFs makes so much more sense and should be scaled up and adapted for fleet actions.
We should ALL be in the same group.....
Players should be able to be kicked from the group and also the instance....
And we should all start a fleet action at the SAME TIME once the group is full instead of random people popping in and out at will and screwing everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM
wow this action is still a problem? it has been like this for months now..
if you are having trouble just skip it and move on, save yourself the grief
maybe someday they will take a look at it again
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
There is a very good guide on how to defeat the CE.

That being said, as we all know only a fraction of people actually come and read the forums.

The rest of the players are busy...you know...playing the game.

In its current rendition, it is not very intuitive on how to defeat the CE in game.

(Basically, someone has to have read the Guide on the forum, and convince the other 24 players to read the guide or follow instructions)

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

So, until Cryptic makes Fleet only Fleet Actions. Avoid this Instance. Trust me, its not worth the grief.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I miss when I could destroy the Entity with a single-well placed use of ramming speed and stun everybody else in the instance as I one-shotted it.
Lt. Commander
# 16 It Ain't Fun!
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I've never finished it either.

Even when you know what to do, rarely are there enough players in the instance to pull it off, and even if there are, it just takes too long. It's just not fun to sit there and fight some huge boss that regenerates its shields for over an hour and having my ship explode and respawn 100+ times.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodar-Duggs

That being said, as we all know only a fraction of people actually come and read the forums.

The rest of the players are busy...you know...failing at playing the game.
fixed it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Oh, man, here we go again...!

Where is that link... here we go! Read and be enlightened, grasshopper. Best and most definitive guide to the beast that is the CE Fleet Action.
Every time someone links that thread a little voice inside me yells "hurray!".
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodar-Duggs
There is a very good guide on how to defeat the CE.

The rest of the players are busy...you know...playing the game.

In its current rendition, it is not very intuitive on how to defeat the CE in game.

(Basically, someone has to have read the Guide on the forum, and convince the other 24 players to read the guide or follow instructions)

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

So, until Cryptic makes Fleet only Fleet Actions. Avoid this Instance. Trust me, its not worth the grief.
I got them to comply once... just once though, we killed it too it's really not that hard once people actually 'DO' start to work together, three things you need to know,
1: DO NOT GET HIT BY THE LARGE SHARDS,
2: DO NOT USE MINES THEY COUNT AS BEING HIT,
3: When someone does get hit by large shards KILL THE SMALL SHARDS THAT SPAWN!!!!!! they are absorbed back into the Entity and heal 2% Health EACH

You can Phaser, Torpedo and whatever the Large Shards they only spawn the annoying Small Shards when they 'Hit you' or Hit a Mine... for some reason mines count as hitting you too.

Oh and also its a good idea for everyone to fly around the entity in the same direction, it makes avoiding the shards easier.

And yeah, Criptic REALLY need to make Private (Or Invite/Fleet Only) Instences for Fleet Actions or DSEs