Lt. Commander
I understand that you wanted a game that appealed to a wide variety of people, New ST fans, and old. You didnt want overcomplicated gameplay, so anyone could learn and play.

Well, after reading many, many forum posts, I havent seen anyone complain about how the game is to complicated, etc. As I'm sure your aware, it is the exact opposite response your getting. I dont doubt that you fuffilled some executives wish list, and I think there are many people who put alot of effort into the game.

But here's my point: WHEN IN ROME DO LIKE THE ROMANS......if your Roman in Rome, trying to sell goods to mainly Romans, you prolly shouldnt dress Greek, and sing Galaic songs, while speaking Egyptian.....get it?
You made a game that is supposed to be Star Trek, while trying to cater to people who dont like Star Trek, or at least not that much. But the main people who are buying your product are Star Trek fans i.e. Romans.

You may get a few Greeks who are passing through to browse your wares, maybe an egyptian who likes how you speak some of there language, but ultimately, your in Rome, and Romans are buying your goods, so I'll say it again WHEN IN ROME DO LIKE THE ROMANS..........

On that note, I know people want all kinds of different things changed and added, but I assure you, if you stick to making a Star Trek game first, and making it "accessible" second, you will find most critics silenced, and better yet, you will have a solid player base.
One last thing, if ya try to add things that are not so "Roman" trust me the "Romans" will notice. I hope someone reads this who it will make some sense to.

"If you try to be everything to everyone, you end up being nothing to no one"
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I tried to read that. My eyes cannot handle walls of text like that. It is actually painful to try and track that. I guess I'm getting too old and am too used to reading appropriately paragraphed and punctuated texts. Please break your post up so we can actually read your post.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
There, that might be better! Sorry
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva View Post
But here's my point: WHEN IN ROME DO LIKE THE ROMANS......if your Roman in Rome, trying to sell goods to mainly Romans, you prolly shouldnt dress Greek, and sing Galaic songs, while speaking Egyptian.....get it?
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forums ...

I was reading a book about what ever happened to that roman empire

My advice is that Cryptic should probably keep doing what they're doing. If they do like the romans did ... the visigoths could take their company from them. I mean seriously ... there's already a villain in this storyline named NERO. We don't want the studio offices to burn while Eric Bana fiddles on main viewscreen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva View Post
There, that might be better! Sorry
I really do appreciate you breaking it up and I am glad to have read it. Though a bit convoluted I do think you hit something on the head. I'm not sure if Cryptic gets it yet but I do think they might be starting to come around. We will begin to see if they are in the season 2 cycle. /cross fingers.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Want them but
06-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Please finish the Kingons first. I want see the 100% done before you start on them next major faction.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Please finish the Kingons first. I want see the 100% done before you start on them next major faction.
I would hope they don't just add a faction willy nilly. The funny thing about the Klingons is they were pretty much finished at launch but players wanted more than what they were. And don't bring up "Cryptic said this when the game was announced". Designs and vision change over time. It is the nature of game design, especially MMORPG design.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 03:51 AM
"The funny thing about the Klingons is they were pretty much finished at launch but players wanted more than what they were"

yes - this board can be misleading when it comes to the game
(and too- what star trek series featured Captain Te'lang of the Klingon Starship Ma' KLar?)

no content, unfinished faction, nerfs causing heart attacks

when i found that whomever did the Klingon art and stations did a better job then with the feds in many areas, i have yet to reach captain, and i pvp all the time and do not notice heart stopping nerf changes
at all
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attacko
and too- what star trek series featured Captain Te'lang of the Klingon Starship Ma' KLar?
The funny thing I find in the outrage about the way Klingons were designed is it prety much is what watching a Klingon ST series would be like. Klingons do not care about science or exploration, they are conquest minded exclusivity. If there is a problem somewhere in the Klingon empire they don't send a "distress signal" out. What Klingon would be able to emotionally handle being in "distress". Even still a reply to a distress signal would basically be "man up ya wimp and take care of it" for which they Klingon who asked for help would be made fun of for the rest of their life.

Klingons are boring as anything other than a back story, which is EXACTLY what they were at launch and up through now. They are a back story.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Klingons were added to get the type of people who want to play Klingons on board.

Not the kind of people who should be playing a Star Trek MMO IMO.

However that said, the current content fits Klingons to a tee.

What, you want your Klingon to be a Fed and do all those Fed exploration and contact missions?

If not, please describe "Klingon Content."

You want a "super Fed" I get it.