Lt. Commander
I have a basic understanding that the server play area is broken into Individual, Duplicate Map areas where several, (unknown number?), players can play on the same map up to a given number, and then more players come on, they are sent to another copy of the same map?

If two or more players form a team, they often can not access the same map at the same time, probably due to the number of players on that map copy. Even if both team members or more hit re-set incidense or what ever that say at the top of the map, they often can not get together.

Would it be possible to set the code so that Joined Team members could all be on the same map copy at the same time?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
With the number of people playing at any given time I doubt that team members getting sent to different instances is because of how populated they are.
Its probably just another bug in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't team up much, but I know the way it is supposed to work is that teams always go to the same instance together. If for some reason they don't they can easily switch to the same instance by clicking on the title above the minimap and choosing Change Instance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
It's a bug, my friend and I have had this problem since beta - it seems to happen when both players try to enter the system @ the same time - the game makes an instance for each when they enter and end up in two places... the "fix" as it were, that we found is for one to enter while the other stays in sector until the first ones status changes from "entering a system" to " in system xxx" - then join.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmouseX View Post
It's a bug, my friend and I have had this problem since beta - it seems to happen when both players try to enter the system @ the same time - the game makes an instance for each when they enter and end up in two places... the "fix" as it were, that we found is for one to enter while the other stays in sector until the first ones status changes from "entering a system" to " in system xxx" - then join.
Thanks for the info. We did both try the Instance Change, and no good. If it is a bug in the works, I guess we will have to hope for the best, and wait for the fix.