Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange Sales Limit
06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I was hoping this "•Restored 20 auction lot limit for selling that was accidentally removed in a previous update" was done on purpose. Sucks to see this was a glitch.

I was just getting used to my Ferengi acting like a Ferengi andcrafting & selling all the items for my characters and alts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I was just looking to grind through Memory Alpha, and roughly 390 of the 400 exchange entries for Unknown Alloy were single items.

Yeah, we need this. You might not spam, I might not spam, but other people, they'll screw us all over.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Still, if they MUST cap the number of items we may list in the exchange, then raise the number to 50 or something, as 20 is too small.

I, for one, am a POWER SELLER, i go hunting in fleet actions and DSE's etc, as well as do secondary missions with my fleetmates just to get green and blue items to sell and make EC's (Currently sitting @ 17mil EC). By handicapping our selling ability, they are denegrating the economy of the game. If they will not remove the restrictive number, they should at least raise the cap.

This restrictive action will also deter crafters from making and selling the MEM ALPHA items made.

Cryptic is needlessly handicapping here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
they talked about increasing the limit once they have a time limit and a fee added to the exchange
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Time limit i could live with, but why should they get to charge a fee? That can be construed as unfair, and impractical. Would it be a % of selling price (taken when item is SOLD), or flat fee up front? A time limit would be acceptable, as it would prevent items from sitting on the exchange for LONG periods of time.

If they start charging a fee, this will create an underground market, where people will directly "trade" items to another player, for EC's. Is cryptic trying to create it's own In-Game black market?

Ideally if the restriction was off, with no fee involved; that would create a superb economy. It would force fair prices, as people could keep undercutting low prices. Ths would create a great environment for the lower level players to obtain green and blue items at fair prices. This is not to say that they would not have to pay "out the nose" for CERTAIN items.....but that is how it should be. Either play the game and get the items for yourself; OR if you cannot/will not wait, then you pay the EC price to someone (like me) whom has taken the time to "Farm" for these items.

It would seem that Cryptic has orchestrated the "nerf-ing" of: Weapons, Powers, Consoles.....why not go for the total "NERF" and handicap the in-game economy too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnner View Post
If they start charging a fee, this will create an underground market, where people will directly "trade" items to another player, for EC's. Is cryptic trying to create it's own In-Game black market?
And what would the problem with this be? Players trading and interacting with each other in an MMO? oh noes!

Charging a fee (don't know the details, but i am assuming it is a %) would prevent people from using the exchange as extra storage. and it would reward those who do manage to find folk on their own to trade with. Only problem with that is a Flood in zone chat with a wall of "wts such and such". That could be fixed by adding a trade channel.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
the problem is players useing it as a bank for BO and the like
charge someone coin will not stop them unless
its so high to list most will never use it
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post
the problem is players useing it as a bank for BO and the like
charge someone coin will not stop them unless
its so high to list most will never use it
time limit takes care of that, they would have to re-post the BO every week, so even at a small fee it adds up. Some folk will still do it, but many will not find it worth the effort to do it ever week for a fee.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I've tried for a long time to understand this, but why do people get so worked up over the exchange? Seriously, there have been people making posts about how they "cornered the market" or make "millions of EC," as if either were hard to do with such a limited system.

Frankly, it's not something I'd boast about, since it requires about the same skill as coloring within the lines.

If anything, I wholeheartedly welcome the changes, since, as many have mentioned, there are people out there who think it worthwhile to list data samples singly, and the people who list things for outrageous prices are crowding out people who actually care to trade.

Moreover, so what if it leads to players actually trading directly with each other? Where is the possible harm in that?