Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
I respect your right to use any rational to do/not do the STF's and accept the current situation.

Others are asking for options.

In this instance your time constraints are a factor in your decision and also related to group size.

Whether you feel punished is contextual to your philosophical framework.

If the STF was scaled you would still have the choice.

Solo it or wait until you have a group.

Why not remove the gate? You still have your choice.
I am stating my opinions like the rest of you are doing. Why donít we start asking that all BO skill be available in space as they are on the ground? It has been asked that STO set a new trend by allowing end game content to be able to be scaled down to a solo level.

I am responding with my counterargument. If he starts a thread requesting they change things up on this thread I can also request that they keep things the same. Like I said in my previous post if you want solo play do something else donít expect every aspect of the game to be changed to soot the whims of one person. Except, yes I used that word, that some parts of the this game and other mmo require group(s) to do missions and learn to live with it.

I hope we are all adults and have learned that you canít always get what you want and this is one of those instances where you just have to face that fact.

This post is not a post to flame or insult people if you are offended by it I am sorry you were offended over something so small this is just a game and we canít always have what we want or even feel we need.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhorne View Post
All PvE content should be soloable.
This. You have BOs for a reason.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Q
Technically, you're the one making the apples and oranges argument. MMO = apple, single player game = orange, game = fruit. Both MMOs and singe player games are games and both apples and oranges are fruits. By making MMOs completely soloable, you're trying to change the apple into an orange. Essentally, you're faulting the MMO for not being a single player game.

Also, why does a person's gender matter?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
I fully support solo to group scalability for every PvE mission.

Replies such as the quote above are standard: all MMO's have the same model, go play a different game.

My reply is given two choices, why pick the choice that doesn't differentiate your company and game design?

Having all PVE content scalable (solo to group) still allows for the traditional MMO group.

Adjusted rewards, different accolades, adjusted experience gain are all available to balance the experience.

Options are always an opportunity.

Why are people so intent upon being boxed in? What happened to thinking outside the box?

Aren't people getting tired of having to justify accepting at face value the same tired excuse of it's an

MMO, all MMO's do it?

Specific to Star Trek, isn't IDIC a principle the game could use as a way to differentiate itself from all

the other MMO's?
/Signed

Why isnt it possible to give people the CHOICE to group or not.
Why does it alwas have to be either apples OR oranges?

Oh yes, its always the same argument MMOs = Grouping, but why does it have to be that way?
Cryptic could have the chance to make something groundbreaking here, an MMO playable for everyone.

The sad thing for a singleplayer is that STFs are story driven Missions, not some random encounters.
They will never see how the Story evolves.

Why would it be so bad if STF for instance where Soloable?
Players who want to Group still could, so i dont see the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The question is, which pack animal do you want to be?

Other than Lions the listed animals are scavengers which fits nicely with humankind.

As for Lions, the females pack together to hunt while the males rule the roost and assist with hard kills, but pretty much remain solitary not tolerating other males.

As Tendel said: Why do this MMO like every other MMO? Why just follow the rest of the herd?
Your analogy still doesn't work. Sorry. How about this one. Why be a monkey in a tree slinging poo?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
/Signed

Why isnt it possible to give people the CHOICE to group or not.
Why does it alwas have to be either apples OR oranges?

Oh yes, its always the same argument MMOs = Grouping, but why does it have to be that way?
Cryptic could have the chance to make something groundbreaking here, an MMO playable for everyone.

The sad thing for a singleplayer is that STFs are story driven Missions, not some random encounters.
They will never see how the Story evolves.

Why would it be so bad if STF for instance where Soloable?
Players who want to Group still could, so i dont see the problem.
How would you make Infected soloable? Would you keep the same difficulty and just leave one console for each shield? How would your BOs fair against the boss? Also, it's very hard to aggro control with BOs.

What about Cure? Part of the difficulty is overloading the shields within a certain amount of time.

The STFs were created for group play. I really don't care if STFs are made to be soloable too as long as both are just as difficult. But, the way I see it, Cryptic will have a hard time balancing both.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I am all for some bold moves

skip anythng an mmo'r says

they should hire someone that does not know anything about star trek or mmo's

like the guy that directed "The Wrath of Khan"

i think cryptic has a line stating that they do this-

"Cryptic Studios actively recruits outside the gaming industry, and executives say they focus on skill, talent and intelligence rather than experience.[12] Unusual employee benefits include complementary breakfasts twice a week and an on-site game room" -Holypedia

Skip levelling. Make it more like you specialize

Have demotions , transporter accidents etc

you would have content that lasts forever instead of catering to the unsatiable

the irony of games is that they must play up to our like of repetitiion - but games that last have repetition with variation (Poker- Chess- Civ- 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 out this fall)

and have a coupon for a complimentary breakfast instead of a new outfit
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPaint
How would you make Infected soloable? Would you keep the same difficulty and just leave one console for each shield? How would your BOs fair against the boss? Also, it's very hard to aggro control with BOs.

What about Cure? Part of the difficulty is overloading the shields within a certain amount of time.

The STFs were created for group play. I really don't care if STFs are made to be soloable too as long as both are just as difficult. But, the way I see it, Cryptic will have a hard time balancing both.
I have really no idea how to change these missions, i am not a game developer/ designer.

The problem i see here is that they where created for group play only, in the first place.
If Cryptic makes more STFs they should be more flexible in designing such missions, and make them playable for everyone.