Lt. Commander
March - 3 Reports (3rd, 11th, 22nd)
April - 2 Reports (2nd, 20th)
May - 1 Report (7th)

Is there a pattern here? Or is it a countdown?

Now sure, Dstahl is a tad busy - but this is something you've committed to and shouldn't be dependent on one person. For Q's sake, today's the 5th!

We all know you're working on something super secret that is going to blow our socks off - but the suspense is killing me! Is it UGC? Is it Starbases??? Something better????? If you really really can't say, how about at least throwing us a bone with an interview about the new diplomacy system or some information about the upcoming Klingon PvE so we have something to drool over for the next few weeks in sweet anticipation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Agreed!

Come on Devs. Give us something. Give us a video teaser about upcoming content or a few screenshots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 10:46 AM
The author of the Engineering Reports, Dstahl, is currently away on paternity leave.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Honestly a new Engineering report wouldn't be much different then it is now. Anything that has already been released will be removed. All the stuff marked as in development that we don't have yet would stay the same. Other stuff can be found in the latest State of the Game. Keeping an eye on Tribble also helps. As for stuff to drool over, there were some screen shots Dstahl posted up about ship interiors. I don't remember where they are though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
There's really not much point to a new Engineering Report until a new build is added to the test server.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
There's really not much point to a new Engineering Report until a new build is added to the test server.
This.

We have a general idea of the next two months for STO (both from the last Engineering Report and the more recent State of the Game).
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Still it would be nice to get a new Expanded Universe video teaser about that upcoming content. Especially ship interiors. I can't wait for those (non-combat versions of course).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell
Still it would be nice to get a new Expanded Universe video teaser about that upcoming content. Especially ship interiors. I can't wait for those (non-combat versions of course).
I wonder how much they can show being held up by approval.

If they advertised everything like that, the player would be frothing at the month should CBS give the "no go" order.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I wonder how much they can show being held up by approval.

If they advertised everything like that, the player would be frothing at the month should CBS give the "no go" order.
Wouldn't it be a waste of resources to make content before you get it approved?

Seems wrong from a bussines standpoint. The work they do does cost money so I would assume that they would get the approval before starting to work on it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I agree with Bracknell, CBS has to approve before Cryptic begins development. It wouldn't make any sense to develop then get approval. Most likely the process is Cryptic has an idea and makes a general plan. If CBS approves it then Cryptic begins a more detailed plan and then begins development. CBS may have to approve other things during development.