Lt. Commander
# 1 Barrel Hell
06-05-2010, 11:27 AM
So here's something I don't think has been complained about.

Generally I'm cool with exploration missions. There's enough variety of maps to keep me interested, and now that Aid the Planet has been fixed, most of the missions don't actively suck. That is, until I run into a Kill-Five-Squads map on one specific terrain.

Barrel Hell.

That is, the ship interior used for transports - the sort of orange-tinged rough look with holds full of cargo barrels and crates. It's neat-looking, but every time I spawn in Barrel Hell, I inevitably run into rooms where I have to fight an enemy squad in a room where the room is completely filled with barrels. There's not even a corridor through, just wall-to-wall barrels. It makes targeting the mobs nearly impossible due to line of sight issues, and even when I climb on top of the barrels, my boffs get caught in them and the mobs all shoot at me because I'm up on a pedestal. And I STILL can't get a line of sight on them.

Please, devs. Clear out Barrel Hell a bit. Give me some more room between the barrels so I can shoot the mobs without getting caught. I'm all for obstacle courses, but Barrel Hell is all obstacle and no course. It's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Idunno. These missions are charmingly reminiscent of space missions, with all their pointless asteroids.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes, but I can navigate through the pointless asteroids.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
LOL...

How about some old school Donkey Kong music and a giant ape somewhere.

Seriously though, the OP has a very good point. Those rooms filled up with barrels are just silly. Having that be a one time mission room is one thing, having it be one of the rotating explore missions though is too much.

Or how about a compromise where both asteroids and barrels are targetable. I could have fun shooting barrels and asteroids