Lt. Commander
Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Most of my toons are at RA5 already so I started a new one. With this new Accolade system in place spewing out these extra SP points, I've hit LT3 after doing 1 mission. I've done nothing else.

All I've done so far is the tutorial and the Aurora mission in game and I'm already part way into LT3. Now if I remember right from when the game was released, it took a little longer than a single mission to reach that level. Am I right?

With the Accolade system adding these extra SP points as you play the game isn't it just shortening the life expectancy of the game?

Once you've got your toon to the skill cap and basically reached the top level, is there much point in playing through the end of the game if its of no benefit to you?
If you've already reached RA5 before you've reached the end of the game, you're only really playing for the heck of it. We already know the missions are basically scan five of this, kill so many of that. Who's going to want to do that, if their not going to be able to level up from it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 03:12 PM
The higher rank you achieve, the less the accolade skill points help you level. They become pretty negligible after awhile.

And for players like me, even if I do hit RA5 before doing all the missions, I will at least finish out all the story missions anyway. Completing the story missions is half the fun for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddoxx View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has done this.
Yeah. But it's a klingon. So it starts at Lt 6 default.

Quote:
All I've done so far is the tutorial and the Aurora mission in game and I'm already part way into LT3. Now if I remember right from when the game was released, it took a little longer than a single mission to reach that level. Am I right?
My Pakled (started when pakleds were released) was Lt. 3 after the first mission. That seems normal.

Quote:
With the Accolade system adding these extra SP points as you play the game isn't it just shortening the life expectancy of the game?
They're going to extend the level cap in 2.0. So, no.

Quote:
Once you've got your toon to the skill cap and basically reached the top level, is there much point in playing through the end of the game if its of no benefit to you?
Why play the game in the first place? You make your own motivations for role playing games. You don't have to stick around when you're finished. And you can be finished with the game whenever you want to be.

In any event, your experience with being Lt. 3 is the norm for the game prior to this patch. So I don't know what to tell you.

I am however, disappointed, as I though this thread was going to have some info on what the impact of the Stalwart accolade that improves XP for alts from Ensign to Lt commander 6 was like.

Sadly this thread did not have any of that information.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm actually playing through my 3rd Fed character now. He was at Captain 1 and the accolades got him close to Captain 2. I don't playing on playing through it a 4th time. Accolades definitely give you a nice boost for leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
If I applied the OPs logic to rock music then I would listen to a song once then move on to the next one.

But I don't, I listen to the same song over and over again till it is etched in my soul and every time I listen I get a little more pleasure.

Its much the same for MMOs for me. Nothing beats the level ding. But equipping your first purple or getting that hard to obtain accolade does it for me too. And it does it for me on every character I play.

Well, Led Zeppelin are on the telly now, I think I will go and listen to them for one more time. I bet I won't be bored.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2010, 06:28 PM
The skill points don't help you level that much.

If RA2s are only gaining a grade to RA3 or 4 then the difference isn't that noticeable. (It would bring it in line with WoW's 1-60 /played).
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Yes, and you can finish most of the Borg accolades, up to 200, doing the intro if you want to grind.
I'm assuming here that you mean, if you are a fed.

The accolades don't seem to be doing much for my little klingon character.