Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiky83 View Post
I honestly dont know what to put in the commander slot for science right now cause everything is "meh".
I hope they'll loke over the offensive science skills and tweak them a bit.
I've been using Tractor Beam Repulsors III. It's pretty effective right now. But there are some other options I'd wager.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiky83 View Post
I honestly dont know what to put in the commander slot for science right now cause everything is "meh".
I hope they'll loke over the offensive science skills and tweak them a bit.
FBP III. It's perfect for PvP when people decide to gang up on you since your heals are making all of their damage output do basically nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
You know, Energy Siphon III would not be bad. It's nice when I can leave the power I want from a cruiser or battleship to boost my subsystems a pretty good amount. It doesn't last long, but longer than a battery for SURE!

But yeah, I love repulsors. If nothing else, just to keep the essplody thingies away from my precious hull.

Thanks,
McPhearson
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I use it and see it remove enemy shields right at the end like it always has. It was always kind of tricky to work that before. It still is. But I get the same result I've always gotten from it.
Hm. I do not see any effect at all. The Shields of the Enemies are staying on full Power and up even after Tykens end. There is no change. At least it's like that in PvE. Even if i cast it just on BoPs in PvE. They are unimpressed and their Shields stay up.
So tell me what you do to have Tykens work in PvE?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaotKirk View Post
So tell me what you do to have Tykens work in PvE?
That's the hard part, I'm doing the same thing with it I was always doing before this patch.

Which is why I think it might be a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That's the hard part, I'm doing the same thing with it I was always doing before this patch.

Which is why I think it might be a bug?
How am I supposed to know what you did before the Patch?
Could you be more specific please?

Edit: Just tested Tykens Rift with a Fleetmate. I must admit. The Shieddrop Effect is there BUT: the Shield Drop happend in 10% of the cases. When it worked, the Shields were down for 0,5 sec. at best.
So this is just nonsens!

The Damage described for the Skill is over 200 kinetic Damage per second. All we got was 2-5 Kinetic Damage.

Conclusion: Somethings definitly not right with this skill!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2010, 03:21 AM
The thing is, even if the shields don't drop completely, it's still worthwhile for the enemy to be on, say, 5-10 shield power, because his shields are (IIRC - can someone confirm the full effects of shield power?) only 10-20% as effective as at 50 shield power. But since he sees his shields are still up, he won't bother hitting EPtS or whatever. So now you can pretty much punch through their paper-thin shields in no time at all, even though they are still technically "up".

So IMO it's actually better to reduce shields to 5-10 power than all the way to 0 !
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Low shield power means low shield resistance and low shield regeneration. The absolute value of those shields don't change. But a TSSS might drop them out once it is weakened that much. And keep in mind - all energy levels are drained - your enemy won't hit as hard as usual, either.

If the damage is kinetic, I think it's significantly reduced against shields, so no surprise if you got less. Not sure if the factor is 100, but it might be. Try it with a torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Seriously weakened tyken rift

With the patch boost (2 patches or so ago), enemy AI is pretty resistant to it. Now it's even worse.

Notably the assimilated carrier in Cure STF, used to drop its shield immediately with Tyken Rift 3, 125 Aux with +30 consoles x 4 and 9 points in spatial anomaly skill) . Now nothing happens to the carrier, even after 3 or more Tyken Rifts usage, it sits there laughing at me and spam more fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehwz
Seriously weakened tyken rift

With the patch boost (2 patches or so ago), enemy AI is pretty resistant to it. Now it's even worse.

Notably the assimilated carrier in Cure STF, used to drop its shield immediately with Tyken Rift 3, 125 Aux with +30 consoles x 4 and 9 points in spatial anomaly skill) . Now nothing happens to the carrier, even after 3 or more Tyken Rifts usage, it sits there laughing at me and spam more fighters.
Thats what i mean. Even if the Shields are paper-thin. They are still up and Torpedos won't do that much damage to the Hull especially if you have the most energy diverted to AUX.
Like "Roguehwz" said. It seems that the AI Enemies are too resistant to the skill, so that it becomes worthless in PvE.
So either they reduce the resistance of the AI Enemies to Tykens Rift or simply increase the Effectiveness of Tykens Rift again. Since Patch 1.2 Tykens Rift did not more than 40 Kinetic damage with the Enemies Shields down. So i guess that Tykens was balanced so brilliantly for PvP that it became worthless in PvE.