Lt. Commander
# 1 So why do we stay?
06-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I realy like the game. At this point in my experience I have hit a rough patch. LC seems like I just do a lot of Khaless Expanse things and wait around for a PvP to start. As I havent gotten any further I dont know how I will feel about my future gaming experience.

I see a lot of griping and for good reason. I am just curious as to why other people stay if they are having such a horrible time playing.

As for the Fed side of things I really think that STO is going the right direction. There are so many Feds and so few Klingons of course they are going to implement Fed fixes and fluff first. I am very hopeful that they will continue to throw the Klingon side a few bones with each patch.

I hope they add some story line stuff for us before I to am jaded and quit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I felt the same way with that expanse. But if you do it right, it goes by really fast. Just make sure you keep up with the daily pvp quests. And just grind out the expanse missions with good music or a good movie.

Even with the slider upp'd, you can almost auto complete them if your gear is somewhat updated.
Use (the now nerfed) sci powers to stop the targets from shooting you and load up.

You can HY torp one target and tab to next right after they fire. You can take out two ships at about the same time if you're lucky.

The most important thing is like I said before, keep up with the pvp dailies to advance quicker. You can see your XP bar grow very fast in a boring afternoon.

Test out different parts of the day to see who queues up and how may do so. /zone chat and find regulars to group with. Where I live, 7-9 pm est is a good time to start smart qeueuing.

Final advice. Don't burn out with alts or w/e. Try to stick with one avatar and try to ignore the fluff sulu chats. Its a trainwreck that can suck away hours if you're not careful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Join a fleet. I found the Kahless Expanse extremly annoying, and soon got tired of the bugged explorations and same warzones and nearly dead PvP. With a fleet, its more fun to grind. You can chit chat, you get through the mobs faster, and if you hit a bugged planet where the last whatever doesn't spawn or is inside a building, you can laugh about it. Its easier to bear with the lack of everything if you can share the nothing you have with others.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm stying only as long as my subscription is running. Cryptic finally made me leave.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not really having a horrible time. While there are a lot of things I'd like to see worked out I thoroughly enjoy the IP and I have pretty high hopes that things will be sorted out in the long term. I have met a number of people in through PUGs who are interesting and fun to play around with. Part of the fun is trying to improve my play style so I can keep up with some of the bigger names around here. It's a challenge, at least to me it still is.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2010, 12:38 PM
My best advice is ...

I fell into a comfortable routine with 2 RAs. I'd do my 6 missions. And then putter around on my bridge or at spacedock or whatever.

I have since applied that to my alts.

I try to do one mission per character each day. Including my Klingon.

It keeps everyone levelling at an even pace. And it keeps me interested in the game longer.

This only works if you've got more than 2 characters, sadly. So it's a limitation with the game unless you buy more slots in the C-Store.

So my advice only goes so far.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2010, 04:20 PM
PVP is what keeps me around. I have plenty of friends to team up with and I can help them do low level stuff now, with the Squad system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2010, 05:07 PM
" so why don't you stay.i'm tired of being lonely.i'm down on my knees,and i'm begging you please. so why don't you stay."

ronan keating.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
I am only staaying till season 2 comes out and if its a let down will be leaving once again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-force
" so why don't you stay.i'm tired of being lonely.i'm down on my knees,and i'm begging you please. so why don't you stay."

ronan keating.
yeah thanks I was sick in my mouth