Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
well, with weapon power at 75... if you're doing good DPS compared to the others... the others really suck

(a 4 beam broadside at 75 power would give approx 55% DPS efficiency from 4 arrays. On my cruiser i have 6 beams running at 116 power + EPtoW3 giving additional 40 for a theoretical power of 156, landing me with 6 beams running at approx 106% efficiency, DPS equalling almost 3 ships with 4 arrays running at 75 power to weapons... . And i rarely die. Even with this i get barely decent damage stats...)
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I totally agreed with the OP.. I been saying this since CB..the foundation of this game is so unbalance - because this game was designed to have no skill cap.. but it does, due to Cryptic last minutes decisions and they fail to adjust the foundation of the skill points allocation to make it fair to all classes.

science is the only class that is so depend upon putting points into certain areas, while the rest of the others classes do not have to follow the same rule sets. This is so unfair, along with all of the nerfing that been done, this is the only class that cannot obtain all of their rank 3 abilities, until level 4 or 5, while the rest of the classes start getting them around level 2-4. Science is the only class that have have to spent more skills points to even achieve their rank 3 abilities and the reason why tactical and DPS rules now.

I been playing science since OB
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
I have a ra engineer and a ra science captain, flying a science vessel the whole way.
Do you play them equally and both classes you play are mostly in sci ship or split between the two? Also do you mostly heal, cc or little of both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i can dps with the best of them. i may not be top damage but my numbers are respectable and i always have high healing. my weapon power rarely goes above 75 too (unles i pop a battery to finish a guy off.)
my secret is that i stay alive, with all these awsome science healing powers i die at most 1-2 times a good match (unless im just doing a lemming run) by just staying alive im able to do a lot of damage. try it
Acutally I do know how to survive....primary mission is not dying...A dead captain is a worthless captain.

You do heals only in a match, cc or both? Or you focused more on healing (which is fine)? BTW...not really focusing on Pvp but in general. Single fight between yourself and another ship pvp and pve, do you simply heal only and use offensive powers?

Too me, the "offensive powers" have been dumped for the defensive powers more than anything....
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
well, with weapon power at 75... if you're doing good DPS compared to the others... the others really suck

(a 4 beam broadside at 75 power would give approx 55% DPS efficiency from 4 arrays. On my cruiser i have 6 beams running at 116 power + EPtoW3 giving additional 40 for a theoretical power of 156, landing me with 6 beams running at approx 106% efficiency, DPS equalling almost 3 ships with 4 arrays running at 75 power to weapons... . And i rarely die. Even with this i get barely decent damage stats...)
Ummm....i am not talking about the cruiser but the science ship.....I flew a couple cruisers but find lacking in using the full potential of my sci BOs...The fact you are talking about the cruisers and not the science ship means something one respect doesn't it?

Also the fact, all the potential of our Rank 3 science abilities are nothing great or worth investing in since the nerf to them...only a couple worth using.

Later.

PS...I assume you have gotten a rare BO that came with EPtoW3? Haven't seen one with that abilities...isn't that a engineer captain skill they can train their BOSs?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houyoku
Ummm....i am not talking about the cruiser but the science ship.....I flew a couple cruisers but find lacking in using the full potential of my sci BOs...The fact you are talking about the cruisers and not the science ship means something one respect doesn't it?

Also the fact, all the potential of our Rank 3 science abilities are nothing great or worth investing in since the nerf to them...only a couple worth using.

Later.

PS...I assume you have gotten a rare BO that came with EPtoW3? Haven't seen one with that abilities...isn't that a engineer captain skill they can train their BOSs?
Sure, EPtoS3 is a trainable eng capt ability. (I have both Eng and Sci RA) And even though my survivability and DPS for my sci-guy would be a lot better in a cruiser, I refuse to make the switch! I'm ready to fight for the sci-ships continued existence! Going with another ship class just feels...wrong...

And yes, I am talking about cruisers, but just to show how little DPS a Sci ship with 75 power to weapons can put out compared to a cruiser...and cruisers are not heavy DPS dealers... Even with weapon power at 125 and EPtoW2, it will put out a LOT less than a cruiser, and when we are forced to run at weapon power 75 we can not hope to get close to a decent DPS... Myself, I'm running 87 to weapons +EPtoW1 (about +20), and finding that my DPS is really low. In addition i'm really feeling the lack of power to both shields and aux...
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:

never said i was doing top damage but i certainly wasnt doing the worst damage either. and i only use one beam on the rear for when i use one of the target sub system abilitys or beam overload. otherwise i use 2 single cannons and a transphasic torp launcher up front and 1 beam, 1 turret, 1 tricobalt torp in rear. so i manage to do ok most of the time
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2010, 03:26 AM
125 AUX + Tachyon III + Charged Particle Burst II + High Yield II = Boom
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
never said i was doing top damage but i certainly wasnt doing the worst damage either. and i only use one beam on the rear for when i use one of the target sub system abilitys or beam overload. otherwise i use 2 single cannons and a transphasic torp launcher up front and 1 beam, 1 turret, 1 tricobalt torp in rear. so i manage to do ok most of the time
The fact is that as a science class, our science abilities in CC should also be adding to the dmg output indirectly or not...

Never said that science captain cannot do dmg either...when sit somewhere in the middle row without real distinction, meaning we could be done better if given the right tools....At the moment, many tools where nerfed and Fed sci ships staganant is not quite appealing at the moment doesn't it?

So any improvement without upsetting the other class b/c of "balance" might be a single improvement to the Fed Sci Ship.

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Sure, EPtoS3 is a trainable eng capt ability. (I have both Eng and Sci RA) And even though my survivability and DPS for my sci-guy would be a lot better in a cruiser, I refuse to make the switch! I'm ready to fight for the sci-ships continued existence! Going with another ship class just feels...wrong...

And yes, I am talking about cruisers, but just to show how little DPS a Sci ship with 75 power to weapons can put out compared to a cruiser...and cruisers are not heavy DPS dealers... Even with weapon power at 125 and EPtoW2, it will put out a LOT less than a cruiser, and when we are forced to run at weapon power 75 we can not hope to get close to a decent DPS... Myself, I'm running 87 to weapons +EPtoW1 (about +20), and finding that my DPS is really low. In addition i'm really feeling the lack of power to both shields and aux...
Herhe....now I see what out you mean....That's the problem, cruisers are not supposed to be dmg dealers but tankers and support hybrid b/c of the specced abilities in the engineer class. Yet with the extra two weapons slots in a broad-side will still more dmg than a Fed Sci-ship at same power lvl....

Sad really the fed sci-ship have been abandoned at the moment coupled with our dimished abilties put the class in a crux.

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
125 AUX + Tachyon III + Charged Particle Burst II + High Yield II = Boom
Question if you still around...?

You use this in both PVE and PVP? Or Just solo missions or such?

In PVP, doubt this would even come close in accomplishing what you want. As in PVE against frigates never been a challenge, but you still take damage quite a bit unless you don't thrown in a few other stuff such as TTS or Science Team...So why should it take use to burn 4+5 abilities to do dps/dmg while others do not?

Against bigger ships, I doubt the end result is an easy BOOM unless its you.

Later.