Lt. Commander
I played an entire month and then gave STO a rest. To be honest I was feeling boxed in while exploring; every encounter was eerily similar to all other exploration encounters and I was missing the feel of accomplishment...

So I left the game Mar 1 and went to Star Wars Galaxies... I had never played it before and soon became immersed as a Structure Trader. It made me realize I was missing a full crafting experience in STO which I seem to need for full immersion. I took up incubation and started making 60 point pets from DNA picked up from all over and I made a Droid Engineer alt and built up a droid business.

After leveling both characters to the top and becoming rich in-game I started thinking 'what next?', so 3 months later I am back to STO looking for some meaningful changes...

So the question becomes, 'can I now become more immersed in the game than before? Has much changed since release?'

I would like to know...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I've tried a few of the new features and had some good experiences and some bad ones. I thought the difficulty slider was cool but it prevented me from finishing exploration content because the mobs would all focus fire and kill me in 2 seconds, so I haven't used it since. Accolades were cool, but most of the ones I "cared about" were already completed, so I logged out.

Personally I'm waiting for ship interiors, so I can walk around my ship before logging out and waiting for other game systems to be added, such as UGC, PvP territory control, crafting, weekly episodes, repeatable large group content, new Genesis missions, or anything else that might give me a reason to log in.

Absolutely awesome and fun game from level 1 on up, until you hit Rear Admiral 5 and realize the only thing left to do is "kill 5 rats" exploration content and STF's. Perhaps that will change.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I was a Structure and Droid Engineer years back on SWG too...I dabbled in Creature Handler too.

Can Droid Engineers make a rspectable combat droid yet? I hated that my droids couldnt compete against the poke'mon masters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 01:32 AM
No. STO is still the same crap that it was when you left.

Your best bet is to just wait until Season 2 goes live in late July/early August.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
No. STO is still the same crap that it was when you left.

Your best bet is to just find another game produced by a reputable company to enjoy.
I almost agree PF, just edited it a bit to reflect my advice.
Lt. Commander
# 6 end game
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
If you are looking for anything of a end game format. STO is no wear near done. They got some things done but I stand by my statement at the rate they are fixing things two years. They may not make it becouse Atari did not make a profit this year. They went in the red $23.8 million USD
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaal View Post
So I left the game Mar 1 and went to Star Wars Galaxies... I had never played it before and soon became immersed as a Structure Trader.
I have a pretty extensive Star Wars toy and comic book collection. Could you point me in the direction of which Star Wars character your structure trader is most like? Han Solo? Boba Fett? IG-88? Kit Fisto? R5D4? General Madine?

Quote:
So the question becomes, 'can I now become more immersed in the game than before? Has much changed since release?'

I would like to know...
Undine Terradome is what you're looking for. Give it a go. See how it feels.