Lt. Commander
I've been running full graphic details with no prob, then all of a sudden all day yesterday and today it starts crashing with a D3D Error Out of Memory.

I finally was able to load it long enough to reduce my graphic settings, then I noticed anytime I tried bumping it back to full with the slider, it crashed. I went in and adjusted each setting to max individually, and the only time it would crash is when I set the anti aliasing.

I remember this was a problem in BETA, and now I'm having this prob again. I know a lot of people are having problems with the dynamic lighting, but mine has been working good....so I think.

Ne1 else having the same issue.

On the good side, I have noticed that if you crash during a mission, u do get full credit for continuing it. That seems to be working much better
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I have been having similar issues as well, they just happened literally overnight.
If I login with the game loading in safemode it works fine, but thats with everything turned off, 800x600, windowed, all that stuff.
Customer Support has basically told me tough and to keep messing around with the drivers but I have tried 4 different versions and they all do the same thing.
I get a freeze, followed by blue diagonal diamonds, screen goes dark and then BSOD.

Im running an nvidia 8800gtx and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM
This is my crash info.
Maybe it will help or it might be similar to yours.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800637A1D0
BCP2: FFFFF88003352D50
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: X64_0x116_TdrBCR:2_Tdr:2_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Server information: 065c1d5c-0b21-46ad-b322-44c63629af43
Lt. Commander
# 4 Same Issue
06-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluck
I have been having similar issues as well, they just happened literally overnight.
If I login with the game loading in safemode it works fine, but thats with everything turned off, 800x600, windowed, all that stuff.
Customer Support has basically told me tough and to keep messing around with the drivers but I have tried 4 different versions and they all do the same thing.
I get a freeze, followed by blue diagonal diamonds, screen goes dark and then BSOD.

Im running an nvidia 8800gtx and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Pretty much the same problem here. Have the game loaded on both my laptop and Desktop. So far laptop is experiencing absolutely no issues. Desktop ran completely fine until today. Made no changes, no drivers were currently updated beyond what I had done previous to the game being installed.

Suddenly get the screen freeze with bluish diagnals which then goes to a black screen, cutting the signal to my displays. Made a few attempts... first few times at least got to play a bit before the issue emerged. The last attempt I made it to the character select screen before it died.

There's absolutely no explination for it or reason. Especially when all components have been confirmed working and operating well within their limits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajalia View Post
Pretty much the same problem here. Have the game loaded on both my laptop and Desktop. So far laptop is experiencing absolutely no issues. Desktop ran completely fine until today. Made no changes, no drivers were currently updated beyond what I had done previous to the game being installed.

Suddenly get the screen freeze with bluish diagnals which then goes to a black screen, cutting the signal to my displays. Made a few attempts... first few times at least got to play a bit before the issue emerged. The last attempt I made it to the character select screen before it died.

There's absolutely no explination for it or reason. Especially when all components have been confirmed working and operating well within their limits.
Mine is doing very similar for the past several days. I'll be playing and everything is working fine, then my screens will go blank and show no signal. Then I have to power off and back on. It's not happening with any other game but STO.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Hopefully fixed now.
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I did what was suggested at one point and did a forced update check. Mainly forcing the game to check it's files for any corruptions and to redownload them if any are found. Since I did that I've not experienced the issue yet, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping for now.