Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
...you've never seen Red Dwarf, have you?
Whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Then WoW must be the most addicting game for you T-Kar?
Wow, you're able to write my nickname wrong even though it's right in front of you. WoW has destroyed to much of a world I liked. I stopped playing it before WotLK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
So if a game doesn't end with the charming prince sweeping you off your feet and living happily ever after with you in a little cottage by the sea, you don't like it?
Nope, I just want to reach the primary goal of the game. In case of Star Trek Voyager Elite Force that's "get the heck out of that shiptrap", in Jedi Knight II it's "find your girlfriend and stop Desann", in Baldur's Gate I it's find out what is happening and kill the guy who tries to kill you", in Baldur's Gate II it's first "find your sister" and then "get your soul back before you become a murder-crazy slayer", and in Throne of Bhaal it's "fulfill the prophecies of Alaundo in whatever way you see fit and survive!" Baldur's Gate is the perfect game. Three parts and you always are allowed to reach your goals.

Quote:
Quite literally every decent game I can come up with off the top of my head ends that way or has a sequel that retcons it to have ended that way. Dawn of War, Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Starcraft, ********, Diablo, Icewind Dale, Fallout, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty (I could go on and on), sh*t even the less creative titles like the GTA series and Saints Row end in shame, or retcon a shameful ending.
Baldur's Gate II only assumes the members of your party in BG I. You still killed Sarevok and can decide if you killed or befriended Drizzt and a few others. I have no problem with minor retcons. But I would've hated it if it would have been Sarevok instead of Irenicus. Planescape only has one ending with slight variations and it's a good one. What else would you want in that situation instead of finally being able to die?

Quote:
Quick, name your five favorite games, and if none of them are My Little Pony titles, I will call you a hypocrite! Go!
Baldur's Gate II (in the end Irenicus is dead, the world tree is safe and you can get a bit of rest)
Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal (Amelyssan is vanquished in an epic battle, the essence of Bhaal is locked away in the Seven Heavens of Celestia and the hero founds a family, at least that was my ending)
Starfleet Academy (you graduate, save the Federation and preserve the peace with the Klingons)
Star Trek Voyager Elite Force (you escape the Forge and the Vorsoth)
Planescape Torment (after an impossibly long time of dieing, forgetting and resurrecting you get you mortality back and can finally die for good. Even though you are punished in the lower planes for past crimes it's better than the existence before that.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't remember cake in Baldur's Gate. Or parties.