Lt. Commander
Just stumbled bug while doing Accolade camping in Pi Canis, where I was goofing around and Warp Plasmaing the Gorn ships.

Seems that when I was Warp Plasmaing a Gorn Battleship that was also Ejecting Warp Plasma, the DoT was !Quadrupled! It was eating me for over 500 points per tick. Even affected the Tier 1s and 2s that were going through the cloud.

Needless to say, this is an interesting bug and thought I tell the community. So have fun. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm guessing the Gorn ships are quite low level? If so then they would receive far greater damage.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Unless it isn't a bug and is intended to stack?

This is indeed an interesting deal
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I'm guessing the Gorn ships are quite low level? If so then they would receive far greater damage.
If he's doing an exploration mission, and the Gorn are the ones randomly inserted into the exploration mission, they will be Gorn ships at his level.

I fought some the other day. Every now and then I get cardassians and klingons and romulans and remans in my B'Tran missions. Mixed in with the Phaonians, Crimto, Vito'D, and of course the fourth and fifth dynasty Borg gun runners who are tampering with local governments.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
Unless it isn't a bug and is intended to stack?

This is indeed an interesting deal
I would need to try it and see for myself. But one of the characteristics I remember about my own Eject Warp Plasma was that it deals damage to your own ship. So it would seem the interaction here is ... the Gorn battleship (which ejects warp plasma) is interacting with your own ship's warp plasma in a very interesting way.

Pretty rare thing though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
If he's doing an exploration mission, and the Gorn are the ones randomly inserted into the exploration mission, they will be Gorn ships at his level.

I fought some the other day. Every now and then I get cardassians and klingons and romulans and remans in my B'Tran missions. Mixed in with the Phaonians, Crimto, Vito'D, and of course the fourth and fifth dynasty Borg gun runners who are tampering with local governments.
No, afraid I was in the Pi Canis DSE, working for accolades. And there the Gorn are -32 to my RA5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I would need to try it and see for myself. But one of the characteristics I remember about my own Eject Warp Plasma was that it deals damage to your own ship. So it would seem the interaction here is ... the Gorn battleship (which ejects warp plasma) is interacting with your own ship's warp plasma in a very interesting way.

Pretty rare thing though.
Never noticed it affecting my ship before. I even flew through the clouds on occasion to see if it would, but it doesn't.

But yes, it is quite an interesting nerf. And given the mechanics, it could work in PvP as well. But in order to pull it off, you need 2 people on opposite sides setting it off at the same time.