Lt. Commander
# 1 Rank III BO Abilities
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Allow all of them to be purchased from the Skill Trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2010, 09:34 AM
At the very least, allowing them all to be present in the skill tree to be trained.

Some skills do not even appear as a training option from the skill tree for us to use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
If they allow them to be trained... I hope they make the cost of training ones not associated with your class uber expensive. Would allow people to still get the level 3s but still make the classes somewhat unique.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
That would kinda take away the point of having different career choices. just use the lower lvl skills or use the ship more suited for your class

(i think in season 2 or 3 there going to make it so you can trade BOs that you have hired, so if you have a good friend of a different class later on maybe he will train them fo you)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
That would kinda take away the point of having different career choices. just use the lower lvl skills or use the ship more suited for your class

(i think in season 2 or 3 there going to make it so you can trade BOs that you have hired, so if you have a good friend of a different class later on maybe he will train them fo you)
I started this thread mainly about the extremely rare abilities you can only get from the very rare BO's.
I am an engineer and fly a cruiser so getting rank III's from another class is not important to me.

Thats the point they want to allow us to trade BO's why not just let us train all of the rank III abilities it would be a lot easier.

As Husanak said they can make the rank III abilities that are not for your class and the extremely rare ones very expensive say 5-10K merits/honor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
There's a reason why they're ultra-rare. So, sure, maybe they could make them available. But at a way expensive price.

Or you could just buy a BO with it on the Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I think that having Rank III abilities available to everyone via the Skill Trainer would disrupt balance a bit.

If that were available to me, for example, I'd load up my ships with C:RF III/H:YT III/whatever else, while staying as a Sci Captain. I won't miss AP:A and such as much when my Sensor Scan can massively boost my DPS and I have SNB to rip down RSP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreigor View Post
Allow all of them to be purchased from the Skill Trainer.
+ 1
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2010, 06:34 AM
I understand the frustration with hard to find Rank III abilities so I'd say that the key isn't to make them all available at the trainer as much as it is to make them all available "somewhere".

Maybe have a daily mission that gives tokens to let you buy an officer with the needed skills?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Herald
I understand the frustration with hard to find Rank III abilities so I'd say that the key isn't to make them all available at the trainer as much as it is to make them all available "somewhere".

Maybe have a daily mission that gives tokens to let you buy an officer with the needed skills?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, a million times yes.

+ 1 billion brownie points and a half.