Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I think it's fine as it is. I've always found the skills I wanted if I looked hard enough, and the fact that they're very rare adds value.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2010, 12:17 AM
I've often wondered why there are 'certain' Level-III abilities that Captains can eventually unlock the ability to train BO's in, and then there are some that 'only' come on Very Rare BO's... I think the easiest solution is to have all the Level-III abilities available through the Career-unlocked training... Doesn't, necessarily, solve the problem of having higher tier slots to fill that you cannot fill with Level-III abilities (if you're a certain class that is not in it's 'ideal' match; i.e. Eng/Cru, Tac/Esc, Sci/Sci...), but I think it would be a good start. (It would have the added benefit of providing a small bonus to matching careers to the 'ideal' ship class... Just a thought...)

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2010, 06:10 AM
[quote=BigRedJedi]I've often wondered why there are 'certain' Level-III abilities that Captains can eventually unlock the ability to train BO's in, and then there are some that 'only' come on Very Rare BO's... I think the easiest solution is to have all the Level-III abilities available through the Career-unlocked training... Doesn't, necessarily, solve the problem of having higher tier slots to fill that you cannot fill with Level-III abilities (if you're a certain class that is not in it's 'ideal' match; i.e. Eng/Cru, Tac/Esc, Sci/Sci...), but I think it would be a good start. (It would have the added benefit of providing a small bonus to matching careers to the 'ideal' ship class... Just a thought...)

Iwould rather spend god awful amounts of energy credits on the exchange for rare bo skills than pay cryptic god awful amounts of reaL MONEY for respecs threw the crytic store because rare tier 3 skills wold have to be the tier 5 skill trees which would hurt u in skill point allocation.So get out there farm earn that cash and buy them.I mean lets face it 1 pvp match tier 5 u get 16k per match i average 200k a day.Adds up really fast.Also troll the exchange sometimes noobs put up rare bo super cheap. nothing like finding a bo with BO3 for 250k and selling them for 5 millon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3t3rH
I think it's fine as it is. I've always found the skills I wanted if I looked hard enough, and the fact that they're very rare adds value.
This! If you really want something, work for it. Making everything available to everyone will decreases the value of the game. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Or have a way to build up your certain abilities to add in an extra trait as a side mission or something. Just a thought to add in the game. Or be able to create different versions of an ability.

Might add some more interest to the game and since MMO games are always changing and adapting.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-20-2010, 06:17 PM
I dont feel that all of the Rank III abilities shouild be available in the area of skills trainer. i believe they are going to fix this issue when we will be able to trade trained boff. What I would like to see is the ability to be able to train in the lower ranks of an ability. If I can train in thy III, why can I not train thy II and I at the lower rank levels. If I have mastered the skill enough to train one at the highest level it seems simple that I could also train for the lower level skill of this ability
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deol
I dont feel that all of the Rank III abilities shouild be available in the area of skills trainer. i believe they are going to fix this issue when we will be able to trade trained boff. What I would like to see is the ability to be able to train in the lower ranks of an ability. If I can train in thy III, why can I not train thy II and I at the lower rank levels. If I have mastered the skill enough to train one at the highest level it seems simple that I could also train for the lower level skill of this ability
Good point to bring up or at least something to modify your certain abilities. That is my opinion.