Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 PC Gamer UK Trial Keys
06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Having trouble with the Star Trek Online trial keys included in this month's edition of PC Gamer UK? We've got a solution for you.

Due to a printing error, some issues of the magazine were printed without a 10 day trial key. We're working on a way to rectify the problem system-wide, but in the meantime, please contact PC Gamer UK at startrekoffer@futurenet.com to receive a unique key.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Good to know thanks Storm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I can't believe PC Gamer would bother putting STO keys in their magazine after they totally slated it before release with the only honest review I've seen.

I believe their exact words were.... "Recommending evasive maneuvers, Captain" :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, they did two reviews, see here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...75&postcount=2

Money talks I guess... What a u-turn, I hardly believe the pitiful excuses for updates would warrant it... Then again anyone that occasionally flicks through it knows the new editor is a warcrap obsessive with sometimes half the magazine being dedicated to it (making it not worth buying anymore for people that actually like fun games, even though I know they aren't exactly looking to cater for tiny shouty gamergirl demographic:p), so formulaic churned out crap is probably just what he likes to see now. I bet they're very chummy with Atari now and the people who wrote the honest reviews have been reprimanded. Mopheaded square glasses fauxhawk emo t...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
Yeah, they did two reviews, see here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...75&postcount=2

Money talks I guess... What a u-turn, I hardly believe the pitiful excuses for updates would warrant it... Then again anyone that occasionally flicks through it knows the new editor is a warcrap obsessive with sometimes half the magazine being dedicated to it (making it not worth buying anymore for people that actually like fun games, even though I know they aren't exactly looking to cater for tiny shouty gamergirl demographic:p), so formulaic churned out crap is probably just what he likes to see now. I bet they're very chummy with Atari now and the people who wrote the honest reviews have been reprimanded. Mopheaded square glasses fauxhawk emo t...
I love you!

You're the only person I've met that feels the same way about STO as I do!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
I can't believe PC Gamer would bother putting STO keys in their magazine after they totally slated it before release with the only honest review I've seen.

I believe their exact words were.... "Recommending evasive maneuvers, Captain" :p
PC gamer love that money ha ha ha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
PC gamer love that money ha ha ha
Prostitutes. I for one will never read that rag again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
You're the only person I've met that feels the same way about STO as I do!
hehe, weird you think that if really true you definitely need to read the forums more esp threads like this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=125881
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161770
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161925
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91678
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=140207
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148994
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147842
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=96466
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=150783
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148994
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147393
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=146507
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=141305
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=131231

just some of the stuff I pulled from my http://eu.beta.apb.com/forums/subscription.php page, I have it set in Options to add anything I reply on to it, it's useful for keeping track...

I've made loads of other replies too when I still stupidly thought there was hope for the game, no time to find the best ones but well my signature has a summary of some stuff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
hehe, weird you think that if really true you definitely need to read the forums more esp threads like this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=125881
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161770
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161925
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91678
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=140207
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148994
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147842
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=96466
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=150783
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148994
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147393
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=146507
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=141305
this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=131231

just some of the stuff I pulled from my http://eu.beta.apb.com/forums/subscription.php page, I have it set in Options to add anything I reply on to it, it's useful for keeping track...

I've made loads of other replies too when I still stupidly thought there was hope for the game, no time to find the best ones but well my signature has a summary of some stuff
I don't leave my thread very often. I don't play Star Trek Online any more, because it's so crap, and I don't use the forums except to visit this thread when it gets a post and my Teacup Land thread.

I wish I'd never gotten involved with Star Trek Online, it would be nice if the staff would just refund the money I gave them for my 12 month sub when I asked, way back when.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-15-2010, 11:24 PM
haha i just looked at that teacup land link that's way cute
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 PM.