Lt. Commander
# 11
06-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
I think it confirms my fear about the Diplomatic Corps. It looks very much like you're going to have to go on specifically pre-designated diplomatic missions as some alternative to every other mission, when the idea should be to give you the option to not have to slaughter everything in front of you in normal missions.
while I had a feeling that they were going to be their own missions, I understand where you are coming from.
the way I see it, 2.0 is not the end. with an MMO it takes steps. the Diplomatic system can be building blocks to a better system. I can bet you that it will show up in episodes added after it is added, and that post was more about exploration instead of the diplomatic corps, so we really don't know the whole story.

as for killing everyone, this is one thing that I have been preaching from the start. we need a disable ship buff, and a stun NPC buff. they would be skills added to every captain, and if I use them on a ship or a person, then that person is stunned, or the ship is disabled, when their health is gone. this is short term, but it would help with all of the killing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Informative but no mention of Caitians (which was my question), though I'm not suprised. Other than that some stuff to look farward too. I wish they would have answered more questions than they did though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I have mixed feelings.

I appreciate that they're trying to add stuff, and they keep saying 'tons of things' have been added... but the game still feels and plays very much like it did at launch. The Memory Alpha upgrades were minimal, the Difficulty Slider is niche, and the STFs are pretty much just turbo-sized missions.

The biggest game-changer I've experienced has been the addition of Autofire... and we had that in beta, so I don't count it as a big addition, but more of a toggle switch.

At this stage, I would like to see some genuine game-changers - Ship interiors, Sector Space revamp, a real crafting system, ground maps for more than three places, Memory Alpha and K7 to actually LOOK like they did in the shows, true 3D motion... stuff like that. Stuff that changes/improves the game.

Don't get me wrong, I still have hope. I visit the forums daily. I read the news and patch every week. I'm still watching the seed called STO and hoping that a true Star Trek MMO will grow.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
If they do some of the things they say they are planning on doing I will be happy. The only thing I did not see which is a disappointment was no information on fleet star bases and persistent war-zones.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
was no information on fleet star bases .
from my understanding that is being looked at for 3.0, this one is mostly about 2.0
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
any other thoughts on it?
Sadly, it seems like more of the same information we already knew.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sadly, it seems like more of the same information we already knew.
I do not mind more of the same; it means they might actually do it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
I do not mind more of the same; it means they might actually do it.
agreed at this point they need to stay focused on 2.0's launch in a month.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I liked it.

I'm excited about the future of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threather
I don't think Cryptic understands what real diplomacy is. I understand that there is little to no content available in the game at the moment. But that doesn't mean we want them to rush content that isn't well put together or appropriate.

There are many, many, good suggestions on these forums about diplomacy. Instead of re-iterating those points here, I suggest the devs start taking some suggestions from the players, instead of half-listening and coming out with crap ideas.

However . . . I have yet to play Season 2. I will definitely try out all the new content before passing any kind of final judgement. I'm just afraid that Cryptic doesn't get it.
Well I agree somewhat, but I hadnt tried the diplomatic system just yet to make a final determination so Im with you there.

However, I dont think that the game developers are fleshing out crappy ideas just because they dont match our proposals to a T. Proposals are just that, proposals and those dont necessarily mean theyre good for everyone or the game let alone mean that, because we spend time making them that theyre necessarily going to be in the game. The good thing is, they do give more detailed info on what exactly we're trying to get across and that's actually the key, helping the developers understand what your talking about when you say "I want diplomacy !1!1" and not so much demanding that your way is the absolute and end all for the development of system or mechanic in want.

We'll see how it goes though short time to wait, we may be surprised and if thats not the case, then testing feedback is always an option.
Closed Thread