Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Rsp
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
So I was away from the game for a couple of months and I come back tonight and I see having more than 1 RSP is pretty much a waste now. Is anyone using more than one anymore or is it indeed a waste?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC.1701 View Post
So I was away from the game for a couple of months and I come back tonight and I see having more than 1 RSP is pretty much a waste now. Is anyone using more than one anymore or is it indeed a waste?
I've pretty much always been of the opinion that having more than 1 RSP is pretty much a waste, but that's beside the point.

You can technically run 2 now. Any more than two and you won't be able to use the extras while chaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
One is very useful, two is good for long strung out battles (say 1v1), more then that is of course a waste.

Personally I use one for when my toon is specced up for healing (and is more about hull tanking), two for when it's specced up for combat. As a healer, there are too many skills available to waste it on an extra RSP.

Also with SNB about...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-09-2010, 03:24 AM
I try to move away from it entirely. But that's more because I just don't like the skill in its absoluteness. And I want to see if other options are viable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-09-2010, 06:00 AM
2 x RSP on a cruiser is alright. As you can often outlast the cooldown. It is not anywhere near as uber as it used to be, but definitely not a waste.

I use 2 x RSP1 on my Negh'var and nearly all the time i get to use the other one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-09-2010, 06:25 AM
I only have 1 RSP myself, but what I have not seen is a lot of zone chat complaining..

You Chain RSP'ing, blah blah mother blah blah.. So, I kinda feel they hit the nail (devs) with that one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Yeah I used to keep 3 RSP, simply because I pvp in PUGs, and I'm a Tac Captain playing in a cruiser. I suppose I'll just have to read the forums and obtain some other abilities to give me more survivability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC.1701 View Post
Yeah I used to keep 3 RSP, simply because I pvp in PUGs, and I'm a Tac Captain playing in a cruiser. I suppose I'll just have to read the forums and obtain some other abilities to give me more survivability.
You do know that if you used photonic officer you would effectively have had 4 x RSP with that lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-09-2010, 08:36 AM
lol Yeah, that's the problem for me...When everyone uses acronyms, or types out the BO skill, I have to look it up to see what it is and what it does... lol Yet somehow, I manage to do well (relative to my team of course). I would have loved to use that skill a couple of months ago. lol

Also, if anyone has any good set-ups (build, BO skills, consoles, etc.), for a tactical captian flying a cruiser please shoot me a private message or leave a response here with it. It's be really appreciated, as I'm looking to pvp exclusively since I'm back playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC.1701 View Post
lol Yeah, that's the problem for me...When everyone uses acronyms, or types out the BO skill, I have to look it up to see what it is and what it does... lol Yet somehow, I manage to do well (relative to my team of course). I would have loved to use that skill a couple of months ago. lol

Also, if anyone has any good set-ups (build, BO skills, consoles, etc.), for a tactical captian flying a cruiser please shoot me a private message or leave a response here with it. It's be really appreciated, as I'm looking to pvp exclusively since I'm back playing.
I'm a tac officer flying a cruiser, admittedly not a fed one but similar layout.

Front: 3 x Beam array 1 x dual beam
Rear: 4 x Beam array

Deflector: Positron [EM]
Shield: Resilent with Phaser/Tetryon resists
Engines: Combat impulse turn x2
Engineering consoles: 2 x Monotanium (+30 kin resist) 1 x EPS 1 x Shield power
Science consoles: 2 x Halon (Hazard emitters)
Tactical consoles: 3 x (Whatever damage type you are using)

Skills.. (this may look suspect to many, but it work in prolonged fights)
Tactical: Beam overload 1, Attack pattern delta 1
Engineer 1: Emergency power to shields 1, RSP 1, Aux to structure 2, Boarding party 3
Engineer 2: Emergency power to shields 1, RSP 1, Extend shields 2
Engineer 3: Engineering team 1
Science: Science team 1, Hazard emitters 2

This is what i fly with in pvp although sometimes i change my shield and engineer consoles depending on how the game is progressing.

Just remember to bind the "distribute shields" hotkey to something like "R" so you can spam it easily. Believe me, it makes a world of difference.

Also i have been toying with changing Beam overload 1 to tac team 1. But i just like the noise BO makes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 AM.