Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORGS-BOIII
Iv learned that its not a good idea to fight the Klingons. There ships seem to be alot more powerfull than the Feds. I find it fairer to play FvF. But in the end if doesnt really matter coz win or lose you still get rewards and if your playing the dailys you still get Marks of honor.

oh by the way I know of one place to get daily missions, in the K7 Club. But where do you get the others from?
I've never played FvF, although I queue for FvF almost every day I never seem to get into them.. and always seem to be the only person queueing.

:\ I'm a commander. Are there more people playing it at higher levels?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORGS-BOIII
Iv learned that its not a good idea to fight the Klingons. There ships seem to be alot more powerfull than the Feds. I find it fairer to play FvF.
yea I find it easier to play Feds too. Feds are generally terrible teammates and uncoordinated even when in a fedball.

The reason Klingons seem more powerful is because they are on average:

1) Better Teammates
2) Smarter Players
3) Using smarter, better designed templates of character skills, BO skills, and ship configuration

In reality, Fed ships have always been more powerful than Klingons, which is why Klingons were given more consoles in Season 1.2. Fed ships generally have more hull, shields, and until Season 1.2 - more power. Feds have more ships with more BO combinations - indeed Klingon ships are highly specialized with limited flexibility - except the BoP - which has fewer BO skills than every tier 5 Fed ship.

Season 1.2 made Klingon ships more on par with Fed ships, and now Feds see the equality as Klingons being better.

Bottom line - Klingon equipment is different, not better - it is the players who are better because on average, they have learned by their leveling experience (which for most of us was almost exclusively PvP for skill points) why in PvP attention to detail matters in every aspect of character, ship, equipment, and configuration.

Feds generally lack that attention to detail, and the results on the battlefield prove it quite often. A good Fed stands out like a light bulb in a dark room, and it is usually because they are a good teammate, smarter player, and have given attention to detail to every aspect of their in-game tactical playstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
/invite santa claus
/invite black jack
/invite d'rek
/invite another GoD member online...
go pew
win!
Vs anyone but that, either:
10: Pew
20: Pew
30: Goto 10

or
10: Heal
20: Heal

But against that GoD group, it's more like:
10: Pew
20: Respawn

Joking aside though, I find that just good coordination and experience count for a lot. Calling targets, coordinating attacks/healing, good situation experience, etc. A lot of that you can do without vent too, using chat binds and stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
code would be much better with

PRINT "/zone ROFL"
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
3) Using smarter, better designed templates of character skills, BO skills, and ship configuration
Using bop's whos always been the most easy ship to play and with the most possible loadouts and best healing capabilitys ingame, did I say best turnrate.. most fun to play?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-10-2010, 10:42 AM
It can really help to have at least some BO abilities focussed on defense and healing.I think the biggest problems that Feds have is that they go into PvP with really screwed up BO abilities. Basically you should have at least one each of shield heals, shield resists, hull heals, and hull resists. Engineering Team and Science Team can be useful to cure debuffs, but I kind of think resists are more important.

I don't think you can go wrong devoting 2 slots each in Engineering and Science to defense or healing, even when those two slots are all you get. I think people mess themselves up by trying to look for ensign and LT abilities from those branches to help their DPS, when both are much more effective for healing and support at that level.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm awed when I see someone at the end of the match with no healing at all....
(I add them to the "Shoot first" list.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
1) Queue.
2) Collect rewards at end of match.

Everyone wins in PvP. I have a difficult time seeing a difference in the outcome beyond bragging rights.
Thats what ive kept saying since i started playing.Everyone wins when you pvp.So pvp is fun to play.But some folks just dont see it that way and insist pvp is broken.Nope working as intended.ROTFLMAO!
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
yea I find it easier to play Feds too. Feds are generally terrible teammates and uncoordinated even when in a fedball.

The reason Klingons seem more powerful is because they are on average:

1) Better Teammates
2) Smarter Players

In reality, Fed ships have always been more powerful than Klingons, which is why Klingons were given more consoles in Season 1.2. Fed ships generally have more hull, shields, and until Season 1.2 - more power. Feds have more ships with more BO combinations - indeed Klingon ships are highly specialized with limited flexibility - except the BoP - which has fewer BO skills than every tier 5 Fed ship.

Season 1.2 made Klingon ships more on par with Fed ships, and now Feds see the equality as Klingons being better.

Bottom line - Klingon equipment is different, not better - it is the players who are better because on average, they have learned by their leveling experience (which for most of us was almost exclusively PvP for skill points) why in PvP attention to detail matters in every aspect of character, ship, equipment, and configuration.

Feds generally lack that attention to detail, and the results on the battlefield prove it quite often. A good Fed stands out like a light bulb in a dark room, and it is usually because they are a good teammate, smarter player, and have given attention to detail to every aspect of their in-game tactical playstyle.
Tada!Couldnt have said it better myself about the Feddies,Darksided.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Basically you win a lot by losing a lot first and not quitting,

Once you lose, you look at your stats and make goals for yourself for next time. "Next time I want to die 3 times instead of 4 and do 150k damage" Then you go look at your set-up and tweak your Boff skills or maybe even your own expertise.

Go fight, analyze how you did...tweak some more, maybe consoles and weapons this time. Go to the forums and read about what's working best. Tweak your set-up accordingly.

THEN

get a group of people who want to pvp with you regularly.
Lose some more...set expectations for next time without yelling at each other.
Learn to cover each other's weaknesses and add to each other's strengths...set higher goals
Play together some more until you know each other inside out
Finally, start talking smack because you're actually winning all the time now.