Lt. Commander
No offense intended, but what the hell happened?

Prior to the 1.2 patch, these were the cooldown times:

Fire On My Mark III (1:30)
Aceton Field III (45).

Now it's 2 mins and 1:30.

Why on Earth (or not on Earth) was this done?

The extended cooldowns limits my ability to use these powers effectively.

And I know it wasn't in the patch notes.

What makes Cryptic think they can slip changes like this past and not tell us?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I thought most of the cooldowns were increased.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
No offense intended, but what the hell happened?

Prior to the 1.2 patch, these were the cooldown times:

Fire On My Mark III (1:30)
Aceton Field III (45).

Now it's 2 mins and 1:30.
All cooldown times were normalised with respect to durations, based on a new system of power categorisation.

Quote:
Why on Earth (or not on Earth) was this done?
The reason was clearly documented in the patch notes: recharge times were changed to prevent any single player from stacking any power.

Quote:
And I know it wasn't in the patch notes.

What makes Cryptic think they can slip changes like this past and not tell us?
It is, in fact, in the patch notes. Right here:

Quote:
Significant changes have been made to ability stacking and the recharge duration ratios of abilities. Abilities now have smaller system shared cooldowns (15 seconds for most) but a larger global ability cooldown that affects all versions of that ability across all officers (using Engineering Team I puts all Engineering Team abilities into a global ability cooldown). This global ability cooldown is 2:3 of the ability’s recharge time, which means that slotting two copies of the same ability is helpful in that it can be used more frequently, but the same ability will no longer be able to be stacked by a single player.

Duration vs. Recharge is related to the ability stacking issue. Each ability now conforms to a Duration/Recharge category (1-5), which indicates the ratio between its duration and recharge values.

* Category 1 has a 2:3 ratio (duration to recharge)
* Category 2 has a 1:3 ratio
* Category 3 has a 1:6 ratio
* Category 4 has a 1:9 ratio
* Category 5 has a 1:12 ratio

Note that Category 1 abilities have a ratio that matches the global ability cooldown, which means that these abilities can have a 100% uptime if two copies of the same ability are slotted.

Complete Category List: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157669
And you'll see that the complete category list linked there does include the current values for those two powers.

Now if you want to argue that Aceton field is comparable in power to other category 2 powers, and not to other category 3 powers, then you can try to make that case, and if it appears to be correct then it'll be moved - the categories are not set in stone. But it is fully documented in the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
Now if you want to argue that Aceton field is comparable in power to other category 2 powers, and not to other category 3 powers, then you can try to make that case, and if it appears to be correct then it'll be moved - the categories are not set in stone. But it is fully documented in the patch notes.
Below is link to the link to the "Release Notes 6/3/10".

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...st#post2720169

Scroll down to the 3rd Post by GM_IndigoFyre, titled : Weapon Energy Drain Mechanic Changes and read through that.

Which next gives you the Complete Category List: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157669
Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
→ [α3] + [Ω3] + [HY3] + [CRF3] ≈ b00m
I love your sig quote... but aren't both [Ω3] and [CRF3] Commander level abilities? You wouldn't be able to have them both assigned at the same time... or do you have some ship with 2 Commander BO stations that I don't know about?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDragon View Post
I love your sig quote... but aren't both [Ω3] and [CRF3] Commander level abilities? You wouldn't be able to have them both assigned at the same time... or do you have some ship with 2 Commander BO stations that I don't know about?
You know your Right I do have two BO's one with Omega III and the oher with CRFIII, but only one loaded at a time. Thank you for noticing that! You know how you get that aching feeling, that something isn't right. I just couldn't pick it out.. Which is why I kinda gave up programming, I could never find that darn syntax error