Lt. Commander
# 1 A difficulty decision mission
06-09-2010, 02:02 AM
I spoke to the medical chief, then the engineer chief, then assignment officer, then bk to te medical officer and was given some miner regens. Mission complete?

I can't seem to close the mission, nothing left to talk to or do, but I can't complete the mission, drop it or get rid of it....

Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
You must speak to the Chief Medical officer first, be sure to click the option at the far bottom marked by the "Mission" icon, then go to the Chief Engineer and click the option at the bottom marked with the "Mission" Icon, and then go to the assignment officer, and mission complete.

If you DO NOT click the option at the bottom, you can talk to them all day and never complete this mission.

IIRC

the list looks like:

Tell me about injuries/repairs
How do I treat injuries/repairs
Tell me about minor injuries/repairs
Tell me about major injuries repairs
Tell me about critical injuries/repairs
(Q) A difficulty decision (this may be called something else)

Both conversations (the medical and engineer) are identical except for the word repair substituted for injury and the like.

In the event that you have done the above and the mission is still not complete (it is broken) you could just drop it as its not really worth anything spectacular, however in the interests of completion it may be worth petitioning.

Edit:
FYI depending on your resolution you may need to scroll down the above list to see the mission choice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
The option to drop the mission is grayed out. Can't be dropped once you're stuck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm having the same exact problem... and am unable to drop the mission. Any other suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Treat Injuries/Repairs problem
06-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Not quite the same problem, but related. I'm NOT being charged for injuries/repairs. I'm well above Lt5 and miss the added incentive to perform on my elite level missions.

Someone told me its only the earth spacedock CMO who is not charging, but I have found the chief engineer is also not charging for ship repairs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm also not able to complete or drop the mission
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I think they changed the mission a while after they first published the quest to live. I remember getting the same quest I finished again - did someone else notice this?
Anyway, my theory: If you got the original version before the change, and did not promptly complete it before the change, too, you are stuck with it, since the three NPCs won't talk about this quest, and neither is it droppable.

But it might just be my memory playing tricks with me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-27-2010, 05:06 AM
That sucks. Any idea on how to get rid of the mission then?
Lt. Commander
# 9 A difficulty Decision
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
I spoke to the medical chief, then the engineer chief, then assignment officer, then bk to te medical officer and was given some miner regens. Mission complete?

I can't seem to close the mission, nothing left to talk to or do, but I can't complete the mission, drop it or get rid of it....

Any ideas?
Every have those days where no mater what you try, you just can't get something fixed?
At this moment, you want to break something.
The question is,.. why can't the dev's fix this issue?
Is it worth the time to fix this issue?

So then depending on how many people are having this issue,.. Why don't they just reset this mission for all players?
I haven't completed the quest, It's locked into my list,.. lie so many others.
What could you possible get from this mission, aside from a potential accolade?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Suggestion: Make a Thread about in the 'Gameplay Bugs' forum. Link back to this thread from that thread. Then do a /bug report on it in game. Hopefully someone on the Dev Team will see it; and it'll get a fix.