Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Now that would be cool, then maybe it will make it's way to the states. It worked with the Power Rangers. lol
hehe I wouldn't wish that on any series? Power Rangers wasn't worth squat after the first group left
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Starblazers... or more properly Space Battleship Yamato has a new cartton movie out last December, subtitle Resurrection. However there is going to be a live action version of teh Iscandar story coming out in Japan this December. Waiting for either to come out on video here in subtitles.

Tobey Macguire is looking to produce and star in a live action Robotech. Not sure I see him as Rick Hunter, but I didn't think Robert Downey jr would make a good Ironman, so I can be wrong here.

I've heard about teh Voltron redo, but I won't make any judgements on it yet, let's just hope it's not as campy as a animated Dr. Who/Star Trek:TAS crossover
I can see Tobey as Rick Hunter, he is nerdy enough.
I would love to see a seriously good live action of RoboTech, as well as Star Blazers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I say we get the word out to hollywood on the Star Blazers live action movie. Sure it's being done in Japan, but why not do it here too. lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Yes that's right, Voltron is coming back, and will be on Nicktoons.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1050&cs=1

Sounds like the 80s toons are coming back in a big way, so does that mean Sliverhawks, Galaxy Rangers and Robotech are not far behind?

So with work of this newest toon to join the rebooting of TNMT and Thunder Cats. What are a few others you would love to see make a come back?
Zona officially proposes that Sir Cedric be official Herald of Ten Forward, for he brings upon us the news of kingdom in a timely fashion!

I await seconds to the motion and the approval of the empress!
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
I've heard about teh Voltron redo, but I won't make any judgements on it yet, let's just hope it's not as campy as a animated Dr. Who/Star Trek:TAS crossover
Campy as it would be, I would still watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
Zona officially proposes that Sir Cedric be official Herald of Ten Forward, for he brings upon us the news of kingdom in a timely fashion!

I await seconds to the motion and the approval of the empress!
Approved. He shall be known as the Imperial Herald of Ten Forward and Twenty Chaste Maids shall toss fragrant flower petals at his feet.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
I say we get the word out to hollywood on the Star Blazers live action movie. Sure it's being done in Japan, but why not do it here too. lol
When Michael Eisner was in charge of Disny back in the day, they bought the rights to do a live action Starblazers over here, but from everything I ahve read, it would have been WAY OVER Americanized. They were planning to change the ship the Argo was based on to the Arizona vice the Yamato, and the story was going to be all wrong. Luckily that project fell through and the rights reverted back to the original guy in Japan who owned them. last I heard a production company named Blederspeak had the American rights, but i haven't seen any movment in a few years on that front either.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Takes ZonaSamurai, I try to share what I read everyday on the web. lol

CAPTWinters I wouldn't have an issue with a pure Japanese version of Star Blazers really, as long as it's translated into english I am all good. Not SUBBED but DUBBED. lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-10-2010, 08:37 AM
If they don't have the helpful talking mice it isn't Voltron. but then, at least they are doing Lions not cars
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Although if you compare the crew of the Lion Voltron and the crew from G-Force (aka Gatchaman, not that stupid Gerbil movie) you'll notice alot of similarities. Actually come to think of it, alot of those older anime's had similar groupings of heroes.

1. The stalwart Hero leader type
2. The Rebel of the group
3. The kid and/or teenage genius
4. The Female hero type
5. The big guy and/or the Muscle
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Although if you compare the crew of the Lion Voltron and the crew from G-Force (aka Gatchaman, not that stupid Gerbil movie) you'll notice alot of similarities. Actually come to think of it, alot of those older anime's had similar groupings of heroes.

1. The stalwart Hero leader type
2. The Rebel of the group
3. The kid and/or teenage genius
4. The Female hero type
5. The big guy and/or the Muscle
hmm bubble gum crisis..

1. The stalwart Hero leader type - Sylia Stingray
2. The Rebel of the group - Priss Asagiri
3. The kid and/or teenage genius - Nene Romanova
4. The Female hero type - Linna Yamazaki
5. The big guy and/or the Muscle - Leon

yup works. Leon is a loose fit since he wasn't really part of the team beyond a mechanic but ... Meh debatable.