Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF PvE chat channel
06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
A friend of mine became disatisfied with the lack of Klingons willing to do STFs on their BG5 KDF.

So therefore we decided to create a chat channel together in the hopes of assembling a large number of KDF interested in pve activities

Name of channel:

KDF PvE

If you are interested in doing STFs on Klingon, currently or in the future, please join this channel.

All levels are welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Join up now!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Excellent - will do
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Not trying to be funny, but just asking an honest question. Is there any PvE content for the Klingon side?

I have the game because friends and I love the Klingon and were really looking forward to enjoying that faction. However, all I'm finding is mindless grinds (Kahless and such) and PvP (Always empty). The worst thing is that neither of which appeal to me even if they were well done. I want to enjoy the growth of a Klingon character in the same manner that I can enjoy my Federation character.

Anyhow, I currently have shelved my Klingon till they fix this side mainly because I don't have the patience of my friend. He climbed the ladder and maxed out his character by doing the badge grinds only, but that is just literally the definition of hell in my mind. However, if you tell me there are quest PVE things for a Klingon Lt Commander to do and a group of others to do them with, then I'll be happy to jump back on and give it another shot with your channel to help guide as I'm sure my friends would be too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japax
Not trying to be funny, but just asking an honest question. Is there any PvE content for the Klingon side?

I have the game because friends and I love the Klingon and were really looking forward to enjoying that faction. However, all I'm finding is mindless grinds (Kahless and such) and PvP (Always empty). The worst thing is that neither of which appeal to me even if they were well done. I want to enjoy the growth of a Klingon character in the same manner that I can enjoy my Federation character.

Anyhow, I currently have shelved my Klingon till they fix this side mainly because I don't have the patience of my friend. He climbed the ladder and maxed out his character by doing the badge grinds only, but that is just literally the definition of hell in my mind. However, if you tell me there are quest PVE things for a Klingon Lt Commander to do and a group of others to do them with, then I'll be happy to jump back on and give it another shot with your channel to help guide as I'm sure my friends would be too.
Sorry man. It is just a grind to the top for now. It is painful. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of tier 5 PvP as a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 06:03 PM
My roommate has the same problem, he can't do the grinds or the explore clusters repeatedly so the only time his klingon character levels is when he feels like doing a little pvp. Of course this means he barely gets a level a week at best.

If you can get on at the right times of day though you can sit in the ques and just do the clusters while you wait, usually I can get a match in about 15 mins tops when I jump on, two hours of jumping between the two and I can usually get 2-3 levels. Just have some good music playing while you do the clusters, they can get mind numbingly boring after the third time through, they do at least have a tiny bit more variety than the khaless expanse and it higher level versions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Really nice.Will ad it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
My roommate has the same problem, he can't do the grinds or the explore clusters repeatedly so the only time his klingon character levels is when he feels like doing a little pvp. Of course this means he barely gets a level a week at best.

If you can get on at the right times of day though you can sit in the ques and just do the clusters while you wait, usually I can get a match in about 15 mins tops when I jump on, two hours of jumping between the two and I can usually get 2-3 levels. Just have some good music playing while you do the clusters, they can get mind numbingly boring after the third time through, they do at least have a tiny bit more variety than the khaless expanse and it higher level versions.
I played from launch and first lvled my KDF Orion. Back then it was all PvP levelling, but I've made a little alt on KDF side and it's hard, damn hard to find any PvP match these days. It's just alarming.

But hang in there, KDF has the coolest ships on T5
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2010, 01:04 PM
At the moment, the only REAL pve that exists is the Special Task Force missions once you reach BG5.

When I got to BG3, it was literally an hours work to finish the job.
I just did the Gamma Orionsis enemy signal contact over and over until I was maxed.

But yes, it is pure torment getting to that lofty level.

Bugged recycled instances, unending enemy battles with npc ships.

I'm not sure if it would have gone faster if I'd done the PvP route, but since the queues were non-existent when I attempted to do that, it's academic anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Already added the channel - hoping it makes findng TF teams easier. Adding a note to fleet message as we have a lot of people that like to do the TFs.