Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-09-2010, 01:03 PM
People tell me what I *dont* eat is weirder than what I do.

I refuse to eat a Cheeseburger with anything but the bread meat and cheese, unless Im feeling weird and I'll consider adding bacon to the mix.

(Bacon is, BTW, perfectly pwnsome on its own....)

I refuse to eat roast-beef sub sandwiches with anything but the meat. PERIOD.

I don't even *like* hotdogs.....

I refuse to even consider consuming mustard, mayo, ranch, or anything in that disgusting vein....
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
People tell me what I *dont* eat is weirder than what I do.

I refuse to eat a Cheeseburger with anything but the bread meat and cheese, unless Im feeling weird and I'll consider adding bacon to the mix.

(Bacon is, BTW, perfectly pwnsome on its own....)

I refuse to eat roast-beef sub sandwiches with anything but the meat. PERIOD.

I don't even *like* hotdogs.....

I refuse to even consider consuming mustard, mayo, ranch, or anything in that disgusting vein....
I agree. I don't like condiments and I don't like gardens.

If I eat a hamburger, sometimes it's just bread and beef. I might add cheese and bacon. Grilled onions are good too, but usually just bread and beef.

If I eat a bratwurst, it's a bratwurst and a bun.

If I eat a roast beef sandwich, it's roast beef and a bun. However, I have found that I enjoy Arby's cheese sauce on it from time to time.

I hate ketchup (and tomatoes in general, though I love tomato soup and tomato sauce) and I hate mustard (though I like honey mustard dressing and honey mustard pretzels) and I hate mayonnaise. You'll never find me near relish or sauerkraut. I don't like ranch or any creamy salad dressing in most cases. I'm famous for ordering a Caesar salad and getting balsamic vinaigrette instead of Caesar dressing.

Although I will always try anything once if someone tells me it's good.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
When I was a kid, I used to eat ponace. It's a german food that's heavy in lard. Basically, you boil lard until you get these little hard pieces of lard called crinklets, then you scoop them out. You mix the crinklets with pieces of a cow's tongue, heart, liver and lots of flour. Then you form it into a brick and freeze it. To cook it, you slice pieces of it off and fry it in a pan with more lard.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I put Worcestershire Sauce on my potatoes.

I put Italian Dressing on my rice.

I make a good spinach souffle.

Once a week I make a meatless dinner. Usually some manner of salad, soup, quiche, or pilaf.

I like to cook sausage in apple juice.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Oh, it's manly when you eat it the way I do - soaked in the blood of my enemies.
So you are the one that keeps siphoning off my blood....

*makes house SaintHazard proof*
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
well, i really DO have bamboo tea once a week, or atleast i used to till i lost my bamboo plant -tear- it tasted alright.. mostly just like hot water with some sugar and a little bit of a kind of bamboo after taste.. (bamboo is one of those things that are hard to describe without tasting it first hand)
i also enjoy tofu with just about anything.
and garlic fingers, which is an atlantic canadian dish, esentually it's a pizza crust with garlic butter topped with motzarella cheese and flakes of garlic, and can sometimes be topped with bacon bits (prior to cooking )
it's rather delicious but quiet greasy
i've also eaten snake... which kinda tasted like chicken, but not really... more like it was tender like chicken...
i've had moose burgers, which taste like a stronger version of beef/steak. i've also tried deer, which is a cross between moose and beef.
and i've tried a squrril on a stick... which kinda tastes like.. well. squirril... it's meat...
though squirril is a little difficult to skin properly if you don't know how....
i also enjoy samosas both beef and veggy, kabanas. oysters sated in butter (yum yum! ) and i also tried fried maggots and beetles, the maggots were surprisingly good once you got past what they were, tasted similar to fried shrimp... the beetles i just couldn't enjoy... WAAAYYY too crunch >_> i felt like all i was eating was the shell >_< bleh!
and... fried rabbit poop >_> (i forget what the technical term for it is, but it's packed full of vitamins coz rabbits take all the nutrients and healthy stuff from thier food and poop it out in little pellets,then come back and nom on them later so they get thier daily ammount of vitamins and minerals so little rabbit poop ball things, are really healthy... and taste ok when cooked enough or mixed with something... like bacon... then they taste like a squishy kinda meat ball )
i guess that's about the strangest stuff i've eaten =/
some of the nonstrange stuff (though depending on where in the world you are you might think it's strange so i'm mentioning it )
include haggis. emu jerky,bannick (might have spelled that wrong? ) humus (which is delicious on bagels)
various kinds of sushi, cus cus, ramin, traditional stir fry (not the kind you get in a chinese resturant )groose, goose, and duck, and pheasent/quail ( aren't they the same thing? )
and thats all i can think of atm... if i think of something else i've eaten i'll post it.
oh, and peanut butter does not really improve the taste of anything i've mentioned =/
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Cow tongue
Ingredients:
1 large toungue
1 Sharp knife 1cutting board (and 1 pair of clean plastic gloves <--- optional)
1 larger pot with a lid (use a plate over the pot if you don't have a real lid)
4tbls salt (I recomend sea salt for this but table salt will work)
*2 tbls Cayene pepper (or chili powder) <---this step is entirely optional but it gives the meat some hutzpa
1 tbls. Mustard powder

Instructions:
1)Place tounge in the pot and cover with water
2)Add salt and all other seasonings (give the salt a minute to fully disolve)
3)Bring Toungue to a rapid boil on the stove top.
4)As soon as the water starts to boil reduce temperature to a simmer and cover with the lid.
5)Let the meat simmer for about 30 minutes per pound
6)Once the meat has finished cooking, immediately take it from the pot, to the cutting board (the hotter it is the easier step 7 will be)
7)Peel the outer layer off the toungue by making a small cut neer the toungue. If you were fast enough in getting the toungue to the board you can use the knife to "skin" the protective top layer off the meat with a simple left to right seesaw motion while lifting the top layer upwards.

This is the best cut of beef there is the tougue is all lean meat and excelent cold
And the conective tissue at the mottom is wonderfull in beef stews or chilli's
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-09-2010, 10:56 PM
What most people think is 'weird' is my massive consume of energy drinks. I actually sleep only every 2 or 3 days, and drink average 2 liters Red Bull or up/24 hours. It started as a counter to my insomnia and the related problems to get up in time for school, but after over 15 years, it became a lifestyle. Red Bull and the 'big names' are fine, but I like to try new sorts of energy drinks whenever I get the chance. Best ever: Rockstar (comes in 3 flavors; exotic, apple and double kick; best is double kick as it has twice the caffeine, taurine and guarana than others). Worst ever: I have no idea what it is called, but its the Thai counterpart to Red Bull. Its not so much the taste, its the absence of bubbles.

Fellow smokers think my cigarettes are perverse. Flavors include: Chocolate, vanilla, almond, mango, lemon-peppermint, cherry, strawberry, pineapple. What I find really disgusting are regular menthol cigarettes tho.

Back in school, I once ate a living grasshopper. It was a bet, and I got 50 from my economies teacher. He didn't want to dare me for 100 to eat a cockroach tho. (I had cockroaches and grasshoppers with me for my chamaeleon, not for my own appetite.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Ariev I suggest you get yourself on the liver transplant list because that cant be healthy
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Spade
Cow tongue
Ingredients:
1 large toungue
1 Sharp knife 1cutting board (and 1 pair of clean plastic gloves <--- optional)
1 larger pot with a lid (use a plate over the pot if you don't have a real lid)
4tbls salt (I recomend sea salt for this but table salt will work)
*2 tbls Cayene pepper (or chili powder) <---this step is entirely optional but it gives the meat some hutzpa
1 tbls. Mustard powder

Instructions:
1)Place tounge in the pot and cover with water
2)Add salt and all other seasonings (give the salt a minute to fully disolve)
3)Bring Toungue to a rapid boil on the stove top.
4)As soon as the water starts to boil reduce temperature to a simmer and cover with the lid.
5)Let the meat simmer for about 30 minutes per pound
6)Once the meat has finished cooking, immediately take it from the pot, to the cutting board (the hotter it is the easier step 7 will be)
7)Peel the outer layer off the toungue by making a small cut neer the toungue. If you were fast enough in getting the toungue to the board you can use the knife to "skin" the protective top layer off the meat with a simple left to right seesaw motion while lifting the top layer upwards.

This is the best cut of beef there is the tougue is all lean meat and excelent cold
And the conective tissue at the mottom is wonderfull in beef stews or chilli's
This sounds like something I would like to try. I like my meat lean, and I know the tongue is as lean as it comes. Sounds tricky to cook if you don't know what you're doing, though.